Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard icon swap help please

Default summerboard icon swap help please
    i here there is a way to swap icons if so where is the folder located so that i know where to put the themes that are summerboard ready thanks

check out their website:
    http://www.apptapp.com/summerboard/
    "Beware the voice without a face."

i tried what they said but my icons wont change...
    Hit Thanks!

hey wassup.. i been messing with the iphone n i got it where i want to be.. i combine 3 programs to do it.. summerboard to change wallpaper, iswitcher to change icons, and rsbt to change he icon around.. here is a lil screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    Someone posted in another thread the you need the original names of apps in your plist. If you changed them or deleted them, change them back.

it's funny ur name reminds me of U-Boat 557 ... lol ... it sunk! =P
    Best Regards

works for me. odd. i did have trouble at first, but realized my Icons folder used a lowercase "i"...like "icons." once i changed the "i" to a capital "I" it worked great.

the icons .png's need to be named just as you see the names on your screen. so, if you've renamed your Settings app to be displayed as "Prefs," you need to have an icon named "Prefs.png"

hey guys am i missing somehing do u have to create the theme names icon folder they talk about or what

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaythemac View Post
    hey guys am i missing somehing do u have to create the theme names icon folder they talk about or what
    are you creating a theme? then, yes, you need to create the icons folder. most of the themes included with summerboard do not come with icons (only the wallpaper, dock, and minidock). Louie Mantia is the only theme that does come with icons.

if you want to add your own icons to a theme, then you should create a folder named "Icons" inside the folder for the theme. so...it would like this:
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ThemeName/Icons/
    inside that folder, place all your icons with names that match what shows on the homescreen.