Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync problems after unlock & switch to t-mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Sync problems after unlock & switch to t-mobile
    OK... I signed up w/ at&t to get the iphone and used them for a while. I just unlocked it the other day, and switched to T-Mobile. Its working just like it should... but one problem. When I attach it to the computer to sync, it opens iTunes and TRIES to sync, but does nothing. They sync progress bar is just the little stripes... moving, but no text change (just says syncing ). So......... I don't know what to do! anyone have this problem or know what to do??

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Which method of unlock?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by scidsecret View Post
    OK... I signed up w/ at&t to get the iphone and used them for a while. I just unlocked it the other day, and switched to T-Mobile. Its working just like it should... but one problem. When I attach it to the computer to sync, it opens iTunes and TRIES to sync, but does nothing. They sync progress bar is just the little stripes... moving, but no text change (just says syncing ). So......... I don't know what to do! anyone have this problem or know what to do??
    I have the same problem!!! I dont know what to do also....
    i used the tutorial from iphone.unlock.no
    my phone is unlocked but i cant sync it! please help!

Default Same problem for a while now
    I've had the same problem as these guys and posted twice already with no answers.....I upgraded to 1.1.2 from 1.0.2 This problem occurs with me on itunes 7.4 and 7.5 also. It will sync smaller files like contacts or 30mb worth of pictures or a few songs..but a large file. i.e. 800mb movie or even my whole photo album (750mb). i get 3 errors....device timed out or device is not connected or device cannot be found or device cannot be read/write to. 3 of each and it's annoying. I've run iworld...JUST virginized and upgraded to 1.1.2 (for the umteenth time) and still same ol problem. Can only load a few mp3s and a few photos, and a few small videos. Something is not right....and can't figure it out. Everything worked fine unlocked/jailbreaked before the 1.1.2update/jailbroke/unlocked(anysim1.1.2u). using winXP (at home) the darn thing syncs to my laptop at work running vista just fine.

here other post with more detail as to what i've done. (posted under brother's id) http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20340
    Last edited by charlie0369; 2007-12-11 at 05:59 AM.

iPhone4Life! and apple tatoos are awesome

Wink Sync problems
    I've had similar problems to those already posted (using an iPhone in the UK that was imported from the US). Everything worked fine except for the iPod sync. But thanks to some of the comments on ModMyI (especially people saying that the problem happened on one computer but not another), and a bit of serendipity, I think I've cracked it.

The solution was to backup my playlists, songs etc using iTunes, and then install iTunes 7.4.2 on a computer that was a virgin to iTunes, and load my backup'd music. Absolutely no problems.

Of course I was lucky to have access to another computer (as buying a new computer to solve this sync problem is hardly a great option). With my old computer, I had tried uninstalling iTunes, loading older versions (7.4.2, 7.4), but all to no avail. This makes me think that you need to uninstall iTunes, and then search and delete any vestiges of iTunes (maybe check whether the Apple Mobile device driver is still there - see Apple support for details of how to locate this). I'll maybe try this, and if works, report back.

In the meantime, if you've got this problem, hijack another computer, if only on a temporary basis ...