Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok I'm looking at modding an iphone

Default Ok I'm looking at modding an iphone
    I have been interested in iPhones for a long time, however, I will not get one if my cingular family talk bill will be 55 dollars more expensive every month. I have an emac running osx, and a wifi connection in my house. I already have a 64 KB "smartchip" SIM card in my old motorola phone that im using under att.

I have been looking at unlocking my iphone. my question is, if i do everything that is listed here and here, will I be able to use my old SIM card in my 8 GB iphone and keep paying 15 dollars a month for the third phone line and text messages? if i just bought an iphone (i dont already have one) from my local att store, could i buy it w/out activation or any kind of plan? or could i buy it with activation and no plan? would i still have to pay 20 dollars a month for the data plan? thanks for all your help!

EDIT -- I downloaded iNdependence 1.1.a and I have iTunes 7.4.1. Obviously, I don't have an iPhone at the moment to test it out on, but when I double click on the iNdependence icon, it tries to open but nothing actually pops up besides the little icon at the bottom next to Appleworkds and ichat. but that just dissapears. if i had an iphone connected would the program run properly, or is my computer just not running it right?
    Last edited by Cloudboy; 2007-09-16 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You need to have the computer connected to the iPhone in order for it to work.

You can simply disable EDGE in your iPhone when you get it. There is a good guide here on that.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews