Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Basic Help - Please

Unhappy Basic Help - Please
    Hey Ppl,

I had a few quick questions about the unlocking guide -

First - In Part 3 when you need to install AppTapp to your phone. It wouldn't exactly complete by itself. It was frozen for a good 15 minutes so I started searching the forums and found the same thing by other people. I decided to restart my iphone to try again - when I restarted it turned back on and said that the installation was successful. (Do you think since I forced the restart that would cause an issue?)

Second - In Part 4 I was able to get everything working except for the last part in step 3. After adding unlock.app to the application folder what is this mean (--In order for this to work you must change the file permissions on the Unlock.app. ssh into your phone:
    cd /Applications

chmod -R 0777 Unlock.app)

I'm very new to terminal use and modding so I'm not really sure what this means - forgive my ignorance.

Lastly - I tried to skip that step (which I know I probably shouldn't have done) and restarted... the phone showed the lock app and followed the next set of instructions - everything worked up until the screen when it shows Flashing firmware (can take up to 20 mins) I hit start and I don't see any progress bar - should I? Also should I be seeing wifi bars at this point? I don't have any...

I'm hoping I don't have to attempt this all over again... I really appreciate the comments back -

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenDes View Post
    Second - In Part 4 I was able to get everything working except for the last part in step 3. After adding unlock.app to the application folder what is this mean (--In order for this to work you must change the file permissions on the Unlock.app. ssh into your phone:
    cd /Applications

chmod -R 0777 Unlock.app)

I'm very new to terminal use and modding so I'm not really sure what this means - forgive my ignorance.
    I'm confused about this bit too
    How do I change the permission of the unlock.app ?? Is this through Cyberduck ??