Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH login problems...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had the same problem...nothing would SSH to the friggin phone...I restored it/reactivated it/redid everything and STILL nothing would connect...who the hell knows. I returned the phone and got a new one and haven't had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i'm having the same problem - i/o error: connection failed. sftp:[email protected]:22

it won't connect...grrrrr.
    I had the same problem with my IP address 192.168.10.3 so on the iPhone I just renew the IP address and use anything not ending in 10.3 and I connect right away.

Try it.
    16GB iPhone 1.1.4
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8820

Most people I have found have a problem with this have used iNdependence and are running the Dropbear SSH that comes with it. Best thing to do is restore your phone and use "installer app" then install the Community Sources, BSD subsystem, and OpenSSH and you will be good to go.

iNdependence is not needed and I have had personal experience with problems that it has caused.

I was having the same problem as everyone else with Fugu so I went ahead and opened up terminal and all I did was type in:

rm /Users/YourUserName/.ssh/known_hosts

(of course I replaced "YourUserName" with the username on my computer)

And viola! Fugu connected with the phone no problem. It was as simple as that!

Thanks alot Rayne!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12