Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supersim and iUnlock

Default Supersim and iUnlock
    I had previously created a supersim successfuly, decided to give the iUnlock a try today. I began with a full restore and followed the tutorial very carefully, all seemed to go as per the tutorial but on completion I have the "incorrect sim" this iphone must be used with an approved sim error although my supersim still works, three other gsm carrier sims all get errors. I have re tried the process three times all with the same result. Am I missing something? any thoughts much appreciated

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Did you upload the new lockdownd file?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default frustration!!!!
    well Im completely stumped, I have tried automated unlock , manual unlock, replaced files, left sim in and out. when manually unlocking always error after the minicom commands have read numerous posts with no luck. Have swithched between windows and osx and even combined the unlock on the two of them. The only good news is after each failure my supersim always works although it isnt the particular carrier I would like to use, reception is not too crash hot. Anyway if anyone has any brilliant ideas please let me know
    many thanks

Do a full restore and try this method here.

http://iphone.unlock.no/

I have unlocked about 25 iPhones so far with no problems.