Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Switching themes

Thanks

Default Switching themes
    My main goal here was to install the Tinkerbell theme, but I've been incurring lots of problems.

Okay - I have Installer and Breezy installed. I got iSwitcher on there and tried to do change the theme to one of the 5 that iSwitcher was installed with, but couldn't until I installed the BSD Subsystem package in Installer.

I was then able to choose the Matrix theme, but then the icon for iSwitcher disappeared and now I can't get rid of the Matrix theme.

I've also tried to do the install of the 'installipb.pl' so that I can open .ipb themes, but the 'installipb.pl' package opens a file called 'installipb.pl' that is nothing but text when I double-click on it.

I'm not usually this dumb about applications, but I'm relatively green when it comes to codes and modifying things this way.

--------------------------------
    Ok, I'm sorry - I found iSwitcher.

Still trying to figure out how to get it to work to get other themes. I downloaded the Tinkerbell package and changed the .zip to .pxl but the icon stayed as a .zip file. I opened it and got a foler with 4 folders inside that one.
    Last edited by shorty2k1; 2007-09-10 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You should also install rSBT and one of the launchers, iLauncher or Launcher. Those four icons show up on the fourth row (iLauncher, Installer, rSBT and Launcher).

I'm a noob and quite confused as to how to install the themes too. Also am trying to install tinkerbell theme. Is there a guide on how to install themes like this? And yes I read the main guide, but jailbreak is not working for me right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

@ cyber - thanks. Got those downloaded.

I figure I've done Jailbreak correctly since I have been able to load iSwitcher and Installer on there.

It's just this theme downloading/switching that I can't get.

Thanks to any and all that can help.

The Tinkerbell theme is not in pxl format. It is meant to be installed manually using whatever means you want to gain access to the files on your iPhone.

Thanks

I seriously can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

If somebody can walk me thru this on messenger, please contact me: shorty63136. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shorty2k1 View Post
    I seriously can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

If somebody can walk me thru this on messenger, please contact me: shorty63136. Thanks.
    Let's Start Here and download the Create iSwitcher themes pdf. You are going to have to copy and rename the icons you want iSwitcher to use and build your own theme.

Actually I found this explantion better and it worked for me.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=60

HTH's

Unhappy To apptapp or...?
    Forgive me for being slightly clueless but I'd love to be able to mod my theme so...apptapp isnt all I need? Where do I start??? I dont mind if you link me to another page I see that im not the only one in need here but perhaps im not refering to the right infomation. Thanks

Im using OSX btw.
    Last edited by blissnvenus; 2007-09-11 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Not using windows, using OSX

Hi, have you found the solution, cause i have the same problem, i don't know how to install any theme
    Last edited by fernandorinto; 2007-09-17 at 10:18 PM.