Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Ringtone

Default SMS Ringtone
    Is there a way to change the SMS ringtone?
    I used to do it in iFuntastic, but since the latest update of iTunes today I can not get iFuntastic to work anymore. Is there an alternative?

ifuntastic, then you must be mac osx, this is the windows forum... post moved.

Thanks

yeah, you need to make your sound as an mp3, open the mp3 with quicktime, choose file, export. export as sound to aiff. you must name the file in this same window as: sms-received.caf -- you need to make sure that it is .caf not .aif otherwise this will not work. So once you have your file sms-received.caf, you need to make a copy of it and name it ReceivedMessage.caf. When you have both of these files, you need to place them on your iPhone in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds overwriting the originals. You can do this however you wish, jailbreak and iphoneinterface, ssh w/ fugu, however you want, its up to you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjdaul For This Useful Post:

Fokus (2008-12-26), iphoneroeth (2007-09-07)

mjdaul -
    thanks, got it to work. Used SSH on iPhone via AppTapp and cyberduck to SFTP. Worked like a charm.

Default please help
    ok i dont have quick time pro so i used itunes and i seemed to have it alll working but for some reason cant get it to work can u tell me what u did to get it to work thanks

jayjay
    what's your question?

Default clairify
    u said u used ssh and cyber duck to get it to work i tried that and it didnt work so i was wondering what u did to get the tone changed

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Got it to work.
    Last edited by duceduc; 2007-10-11 at 01:53 PM.