Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone: Incorrect SIM... please reactivate???

Default iPhone: Incorrect SIM... please reactivate???
    Please help me out, everything was working perfect and I was in love but now it says incorrect SIM...

1. I bought a new iPhone
    2. I used iActivator to perform jailbreak and activated the phone.
    3. I forgot to use "Back to jail"
    4. I inserted a PAY AS YOU GO 30 dollar SIM Card from Cingular
    5. Everyhting worked perfect! I used the phone, sms and all.
    6. The next day the battery died.
    7. I put the phone in the dock and suddenly the Activation window comes up in iTunes???
    8. I shut down iTunes, and now it says: Incorrect SIM. Please reactivate in Itunes.
    9. I restored the iPod to factory settings, did everything from point 2 - 4 but it still says: Incorrect SIM?

What did I do wrong? What should I do now? Im lost...

Did this happen cause I forgot to use Back to jail??? But why dosen´t it work when I do everything from square one? And now iTunes always display the activation window even if I have activated and turned the phone back to jail.... ???

Please help me out! I know some pro out there knows what to do...

Thanks in advance,
    Mattias
    Last edited by Mattias; 2007-09-02 at 08:10 PM.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yes, this happened because you forgot to use back to jail.

If you connect your iPhone to iActivator now, does it allow you to go "back to jail"?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks for replying,

As I said I have redone the whole activation prosess. This time with Back to jail. But it says Incorrect Sim when I insert the Pay As You Go sim... even after a complete factury setting restore on the iPhone... How can this be?

Does it have to do with some unactivation of that SIM card so I should buy a new number? Or is it something that is unactivated by Apple via iTunes and my serial numer? or what could it be...

Starting to get nervous about this...

And I was SO happy with everything ysterday.
    Last edited by Mattias; 2007-09-03 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Bad spelling

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

try different combinations of removing the sim, restarting the phone with and without the sim, restarting your computer, etc. one of the key rules to modding phones is to keep trying different angles (especially with restarts) until you find a hole. don't worry about this...you are in no risk of losing your phone...it still works fine...you just need to work out a few kinks in the process...

one more thought...did you restore the phone with your SIM in or out? try it with the sim out...that's a great way to get it back to factory condition.
    Last edited by antiflash; 2007-09-04 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Default Strange strange strange...
    Ok, I now have 2 iPhones in my hand. Both succesfully activated via iActivator. I also have 3 Pay As You Go AT&T sim cards here. Only 1 of them works. And only in one of the iPhones... How can this be? All 3 sim cards works in other regular cellphones...

I don't get it...

C'mon guys! I know somebody knows how to do this!

Does anybody succeed with this issue of "Incorrect SIM..."? I am having the same problem, downgraded the iPhone up to 1.0.1 but still same error appears when I turn it on. I tried all kind of combinations in vain.

I need urgent help if anybody can assist. Thank you in advance guys

Does anybody succeed with this issue of "Incorrect SIM..."? I am having the same problem, downgraded the iPhone up to 1.0.1 but still same error appears when I turn it on. I tried all kind of combinations in vain.

I need urgent help if anybody can assist. Thank you in advance guys
    Last edited by Yerima; 2008-08-11 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost