Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WIFI problem solution

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up WIFI problem solution
    I have an iPhone that just stopped conecting to networks but still had normal IMEI and mac address, like many others on this forum. After a couple of months without any real solution I found it today.

Firstly, I can confirm its a sofware problem.

This is what I did:

1. I upgraded my phone to 1.1.3 (Nate´s method). I suppose this has to work with other firmwares.

2. Then with ifuntastic (i guess ibrickr in windows) I navigated to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration to find the file com.apple.wifi.plist

3. I edited the file by changing the string

<key>CHANNEL</key>
    <integer>6</integer>

to

<key>CHANNEL</key>
    <integer>1</integer>

4. Then I connected as administrator to my router and changed its channel to 1.

That´s it, now I have wifi again . I already tried connecting at home, at work and at my brother´s house without any problems.

Hope this helps all of you..

Hope is the last thing to lose.
    Last edited by Tripa; 2008-02-12 at 11:10 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tripa For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-08-04), jelenak9 (2008-09-12), Sippeangelo (2008-08-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I guess that I erroneously was under the impression that many people had the same problem as me, but until now nobody replied or thanked me so I guess I was alone. Well, at least I helped one person.

I am in the same boat but I had a hard time getting to 1.1.3 until ziphone about to check it out. Laos did you have the problem where your iphone wouldn't find any network but everything else worked.

I follow your instructions but i cant find that string this is what I get
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AllowEnable</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Custom network settings</key>
    <dict/>
    <key>JoinMode</key>
    <string>Automatic</string>
    <key>List of known networks</key>
    <array/>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by england98982; 2008-02-14 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey Tripa,

Was your situation that you had wifi but couldn't connect on to networks or

Your wifi box was greyed out saying "NO WIFI" and under Settiings/About/Wifi/No Address.

I think that's the issue alot of us are having. NO WIFI, NO BLUETOOTH (Just 0000000), but with Zibri's fix now, we finally have IMEI again. However, many of us are still missing WIFI and the Bluetooth.

Was this what you had? I'm interested in trying your solution but I'm thinking that we may have different problems on our phones.

Yep, what Neltron said. Ziphone brought our IMEI back from the dead, but nada for wifi and bluetooth.

I'll try playing with this com.apple.wifi.plist file tonight and see if anything comes of it.

well i thik this may be for te issue where your wifi is on but it cant find any network. Also can you find this line about channel in your plist and if you do what method did you use.
    thanks

crownroyal77
    Last edited by crownroyal77; 2010-12-31 at 06:17 AM.

Thank you so much! This helped me a lot.

i am on 2.0 FW, and no wifi (not grey, but cant detect any network....)
    I have the wifi.plist file, and wanting to delete/modify the Key_BBSID to the matching one in my Settings>General>About>WiFI address (00:1C:B3....) will that work????
    or should i do what you described above... I cant see in that file that it has some of the networks i have connected to before...
    please advise.. i have no wifi...

thx