Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i edit slider text?

Default How do i edit slider text?
    Is it possible to change the slider text only, if so...how do I do it?

This assumes you've broken your phone from Jail and have installed iPhuc.

If you haven't, that guide can be found here: http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...g_iPHUC_iPhone

1) Download SpringBoard.strings from here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=163

2) Open it with Text Edit

3) You'll see this in that file:

<key>AWAY_LOCK_LABEL</key>

<string>slide to unlock</string>

These are the 26th and 27th lines in the file, respectively.

Change "Slide to Unlock" to say...whatever you want! Try to keep it to 16 characters or less (Including spaces). 17 or 18 MIGHT work, but I've only verified up to 16. Too long and it'll be cut off with an "..." at the end.

In addition, practically everything that isn't IN CAPS and is between <string> tags, can be changed to whatever you want. So, when you get a call and the "Accept" and "Decline" buttons can be changed to, maybe, "Friend" and "Loser."

4) Save the file and put it in phonedmg/iphuc/iphone/trunk/iPHUC
    5) Open terminal and put in: "cd /phonedmg/iphuc/iPhone/trunk/iPHUC" and press enter.
    6) Next: "./iPHUC" and press enter.

7) Now put in: "setafc com.apple.afc2" and press enter.
    7-a)If you get the "InvalidResponse" type: "exit" [enter] "./iPHUC" [enter] "setafc com.apple.afc2" [enter]

8) Now you should have the iPhuc prompt. Put in "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English_lproj/" and press enter.

9) Now put in "putfile (Drag SpringBoard.strings into the terminal from Finder) and press enter.

10) Put in "cd /System/Library/Lockdown" and press enter.

11) Put in "putfile (Drag Services.plist to the terminal from Finder)" and press enter.

12) Put in "exit" and press enter.

And THAT should do it. If, for some reason, it doesn't work -- I ended up copying SpringBoard.strings to both /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English_lproj/ AND /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ just in case.

Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jedibugs For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2007-08-13)

Nice. It works.

Thanks

does anyone have the original file?

Meandub, the link to the file is in the post above, in step #1.

For some reason, I can't find the "answer" and "decline" in the list. I guess those are pictures?

Also, how do I change the color of the text when the little glow goes over it?
    Last edited by ToxicFTW; 2007-08-13 at 09:56 AM.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Toxic,

For the accept/decline, I was just throwing out the first thing I could think of...which I guess turned out to be a bad example.

As far as the color of the text gleam, I haven't heard of anyone doing that, but maybe someone more experienced wil have an answer to that.

so this is only for OSX...the steps?...no windows steps?

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    This is the Modding is OS X forum. There's another forum for windows modding.

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post

For windows, its really easy. Just use the iPhoneBrowser, and use the edited file and place it in the corresponding folder and it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibugs
    Toxic,

For the accept/decline, I was just throwing out the first thing I could think of...which I guess turned out to be a bad example.

As far as the color of the text gleam, I haven't heard of anyone doing that, but maybe someone more experienced wil have an answer to that.
    I was browsing the forums the other day and came across a screenshot of someones iphone and it had "slide to unlock" and the glow was a royal blue! it was really nice. So I think its possible.

EDIT: I have found a way to change the color of the glowing unlock text. I found my answers in this topic:

Click Here.

Also, instead of using the indigo color, I made my own ORANGE one, my favorite color. Attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ToxicFTW; 2007-08-14 at 02:48 AM.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Good to know, thanks! So I guess the text just acts as a mask and that image runs behind it to give it the impression of gleam?
    Last edited by jedibugs; 2007-08-14 at 04:58 PM. Reason: addition.

Yep! Thats it!

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

are those steps for windows users also

Quote Originally Posted by antnyc7 View Post
    are those steps for windows users also
    For windows, all you have to do is edit the .plist in WordPad and then save it, and then use iPhoneBrowser or Manzana to copy them over to your phone. After you restart your phone, the changes will have occurred.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen