Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing Stock Battery Icons

Smile Removing Stock Battery Icons
    First Off,
    CyberGreg, thank you SO very much for all of your help. I have successfully added custom Ringtones. I couldn't be happier

I'm trying to add the custom "Purple" battery meter set by J-Spizzy.
    The problem, I believe, is that I never removed the stock default battery icons prior to adding the purple replacements. So I've actually added the purple set(BatteryBG_2 through 17, plus the icons for the small battery meter on the Home Screen)TWICE!

What will be the easiest method of removal (along with the proper commands) here? Because apparently, I've got 2 complete sets of the Purple set as well as the stock default set. Many Thanks, and this time, I will NOT double post and be an impatient ***! -Mike

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

rmdir /location/of/file/filename.extension

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

mkbomb (2007-08-13)

Thanks, Cash!
    My last question here is, when I'm deleting using rmdir, am I deleting all three of each BG file(the double set of purples and the default set) and then re-installing the purple set? Because how can I distinguish the default set from the purple set? Sorry if I'm not explaining this well, I just want to do the least amount of work in this, if possible.

Thanks! Mike

mkbomb,

Sounds like you're on Windows. If so, then all the files you tried to copy, were not copied and as such do not have to be rmdir'd. You do need to do the process cash described where you rmdir <full path>BatteryBG_1.png and then putfile BatteryBG_1.png

Now, don't you windows guys have a GUI program for dropping new files onto the iPhone, manaza or something? If so, that sounds easier.

Edit - wait this is in the OS X forum. If you re using OS X, then forget what I just posted. The OS X version of iPHUC and iPhoneInterface for that matter do not need (at least I've never needed to) ReMove a file before putting a new one. We might need to see a sample of your terminal window.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-08-13 at 10:02 PM.