Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Preferences

Default Preferences
    Please help.

I have just jailbroken (jailbreaked?) my phone including updating to 1.1.2. I followed the instructions here to a t (great job guys!). However, somewhere along the lines it said to set up as a new phone and I did that, but used a differant name. so now all my mail settings and book marks and things don't sync.

I could enter all the info again, but is there a prefs file someplace that I could just rename or something like that?

Thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyv33 For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (2007-12-20)

Thanks

just go to the settings then General, then press reset at the bottom, then reset all settings at the top....after that open itunes and it should ask you to setup iphone again and just click what backup you want to install...that should do it....dont worry it wont reset everything you already did

When I do that, before I even the window in itunes, it does a sync to the wrong file automatically (even though I have unchecked the sync automatically box).

I unchecked the sync automatically box, re-sync-ed and reset all again (while still connected to the comp). After the phone restarted, itunes went back to the window with the wrong user.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

un connect then do it...itunes should ask oy uto set up iphone as new user or click on a backup...if it dont work on the pc your on...then try it on a pc youve sync with before if you have...but not the one you jailbroke on...

Thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

After I hit "reset all settings" nothing seems to happen other than a restart. When I look at "about" it still has the new name of the phone there, even before I reconnect it to ANY comp. I hope I don't have to reset all settings and content.

any other suggestions?

BTW, I am on a mac running leapard 10.5.1

thanks again

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Let me see if I have this correct:

you updated to 1.1.2
    You phone now does not sync to your previous data on the PC (maybe it created a new account or something).

When this happened to me I just deleted /var/root/Media/iTunes Control on my phone.

Then next time I connected it to the PC it asked me if I would like restore data from a previous phone.

Then I just select the phone and blammo.

Only problem is that if you renamed the phone and tried to force it somewhere along the way, you may of synced your PC to the phone. (I have made a backup of the folder).

Ok, that worked!!!

I got to the screen where it asks me what back-up to use. However, only the new one is there, the old backup (I synced before I started doing anything) is not there.

Is it gone?

one more thing:

the phone is still recognized by itunes with the new name, so perhaps that is why it is only giving me the backup with that name?
    Last edited by bobbyv33; 2007-12-20 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost