Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In the middle of 1.1.2 guide and something is wrong!

Default In the middle of 1.1.2 guide and something is wrong!
    I am following the guide on how to set up my phone but the part in the guide after running independence where my phone is supposed to show the "activate iphone" "slide for emergency" is not coming up. My itunes kicks in and my phone turns on like it did before but without activating and all my contacts and everything is gone. So it did something but not what i wanted it to do. Any suggestions???

After i do everything with independence a finally click ok it does not start up by itself...
    Last edited by springerzz; 2007-12-14 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think I have the same problem. Instead of saying "Slide for Emergency" mine just says "Slide to Unlock" and everything just works slow and I have no service. Also and warning came up that said something about no signal, signal required to activate or something like that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    I think I have the same problem. Instead of saying "Slide for Emergency" mine just says "Slide to Unlock" and everything just works slow and I have no service. Also and warning came up that said something about no signal, signal required to activate or something like that.

Firstly if you have bought your phone afte nov 9 u CANNOT unlock the phone side (software wise anyway) as of yet....Secondly if your getting that Signal required to activate it sounds like you still have the at&t card in the phone which you wouldnt need if your trying to unlock it..... Thirdly its giving you that error because you jailbroken it and the phone thinks that it was actvated through itunes which it wasnt...

So basically right now you've just got a fancy jailbroken ipod touch until 1.1.3 comes out and modders find a way to crack it....
    This is all assuming your tryng to unlock to work on a cell service other thatn what apple has intended it for

Quote Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
    I am following the guide on how to set up my phone but the part in the guide after running independence where my phone is supposed to show the "activate iphone" "slide for emergency" is not coming up. My itunes kicks in and my phone turns on like it did before but without activating and all my contacts and everything is gone. So it did something but not what i wanted it to do. Any suggestions???

After i do everything with independence a finally click ok it does not start up by itself...
    im not exactly what ur saying but heres some trouble shooting:

Restore the phone first to start with a clean slate

Im assuming the phone was bought with 1.1.2 installed already.....If so You need to downgrade to 1.1.1 activate it and install oktoprep.. Once youve done that open itunes and UPGRADE not RESTORE after its done its process you need to use the jailbreak method for 1.1.2 in order to activate it.... Once activated your good to go.....

If your tryn to unlock it then you cant until 1.1.3 is released and modders work their magic.. if your on a system that apple has made the phone to work then your cool...

hit me up if u need help
    Last edited by acaijr73; 2007-12-22 at 03:15 PM.
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

After a few tries I got it working. Thanks for the help.