Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: transfering files to iphone

Default transfering files to iphone
    i know this has probably been answered but i have been searching for about 2 hours and DropCopy sucks.

Is there a way I can transfer files to my iphone through a program like iphonebrowser that works on OSX (specifically osx86)

i answered my own question.
    Last edited by blindmist; 2007-12-13 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am using app called transmit
    Very happy with it.

You can find it here

Why so complicated? Just go to the Installer on your iPhone and install "AFP with Bonjour" from CopyCoders. Reboot your iPhone. If your Mac and your iPhone are on the same network, then your Mac recognize your iPhone automaticaly.

In Tiger just open Macintosh HD and click the link "Network" on the left side. You will see your iPhone. Then just type in the username and password of the iPhone. A window will pop and ask you what to connect. Choose the long term (I don't now the exact phrase anymore). As soon as you did you will see a drive connected on the left. Just click on it and you can browse your phone as it would be a normal drive. You then can copy, delete, etc. files on your phone!

It sounds complicated but it is very simple!
    Last edited by superpower10; 2007-12-13 at 11:04 AM.