Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Problems. Help.

Default My Problems. Help.
    Ok. I have successfully changed the battery, carrier logo, and icons on my phone. All using Ifuntastic. I am still trying to change the "slide to unlock" text and slider.

Supposedly you can change the slider in Ifuntastic but I cannot seem to figure that out. The only thing I can access through CoreServices in Ifuntastic is SpringBoard.app. Frameworks is where the slider is located and that is not an option.

Changing the "slide to unlock" text. The only way this can be done is through terminal I believe. I have modified the text in TextEdit and put it in my phonedmg folder. When I go through terminal I Jalibreak the phone then get this

Waiting for iPhone to finish booting...
    Moving files into place...
    Rebooting iPhone...

Enjoy your newfound freedom. Thank the devs at #iphone next time you see them for making this all possible.
    p.s. Like most other useful tools, this one may be dangerous if used carelessly. Always remember -- You brick it, you bought it.

p.p.s. I have no idea how 'My Humps' could possibly have gotten set as your ringtone.

michael-graves-computer:~/phonedmg michaelgraves$ ./iphoneinterface
    iPhoneInterface v0.3.3 built on Jul 11 2007

Waiting for phone... established.
    iPhone state: Activated
    type "help" for help
    iPhone:/# cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app: No such file or directory
    iPhone:/#

What am I doing wrong there?

problem number 3. Installing IPHUC. I have downloaded MacPorts and XCode tools. When I go into terminal I get through the first few steps and I install readline. But when I try to install subversion i get this...

michael-graves-computer:~ michaelgraves$ sudo port install subversion
    ---> Configuring apr
    Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_devel_apr/work/apr-1.2.9" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-installbuilddir=/opt/local/share/apr-1/build " returned error 1
    Command output: checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    Configuring APR library
    Platform: i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    checking for working mkdir -p... yes
    APR Version: 1.2.9
    checking for chosen layout... apr
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl... no
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apr apr-util db44 expat libiconv gperf sqlite3 gettext neon openssl zlib
    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
    michael-graves-computer:~ michaelgraves$

If anyone can answer one or more of these questions and help me out. That would be wonderful. Any other ideas, let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graveydellic View Post
    Supposedly you can change the slider in Ifuntastic but I cannot seem to figure that out. The only thing I can access through CoreServices in Ifuntastic is SpringBoard.app. Frameworks is where the slider is located and that is not an option.
    I havent used iFuntastic for changing images, so I a not sure here...

Changing the "slide to unlock" text. The only way this can be done is through terminal I believe. I have modified the text in TextEdit and put it in my phonedmg folder.
    I am not sure how well using TextEdit will do on modifying the text and keeping it formatted correctly. I user PerfSetter. Worked like a charm. You just rename the extension to plist, edit it, then name the extention back to strings.

When I go through terminal I Jalibreak the phone then get this

Waiting for iPhone to finish booting...
    Moving files into place...
    Rebooting iPhone...

Enjoy your newfound freedom. Thank the devs at #iphone next time you see them for making this all possible.
    p.s. Like most other useful tools, this one may be dangerous if used carelessly. Always remember -- You brick it, you bought it.

p.p.s. I have no idea how 'My Humps' could possibly have gotten set as your ringtone.

michael-graves-computer:~/phonedmg michaelgraves$ ./iphoneinterface
    iPhoneInterface v0.3.3 built on Jul 11 2007

Waiting for phone... established.
    iPhone state: Activated
    type "help" for help
    iPhone:/# cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app: No such file or directory
    iPhone:/#

What am I doing wrong there?
    I have had that happen a couple times to me. I "quit' out of the terminal, then re run "./iphoneinterface" then the first thing I do is an "ls" to make sure I am actually talking to the phone

if I get "/: No such file or directory" then I am not talking to the phone. but if I get a directory structure, then I am golden.

Also, try typing the directories 1 directory at a time...

i.e.

cd /System
    cd /Library
    cd /CoreServices
    cd /SpringBoard.app

may have better results

problem number 3. Installing IPHUC. I have downloaded MacPorts and XCode tools. When I go into terminal I get through the first few steps and I install readline. But when I try to install subversion i get this...

michael-graves-computer:~ michaelgraves$ sudo port install subversion
    ---> Configuring apr
    Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_devel_apr/work/apr-1.2.9" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-installbuilddir=/opt/local/share/apr-1/build " returned error 1
    Command output: checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    Configuring APR library
    Platform: i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
    checking for working mkdir -p... yes
    APR Version: 1.2.9
    checking for chosen layout... apr
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl... no
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apr apr-util db44 expat libiconv gperf sqlite3 gettext neon openssl zlib
    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
    michael-graves-computer:~ michaelgraves$

If anyone can answer one or more of these questions and help me out. That would be wonderful. Any other ideas, let me know.
    I will be installing these shortly, and will let you know the results, if favorable.

- Daerid