Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are iphone backups stored in OSX??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Where are iphone backups stored in OSX??
    I have a OTB 1.1.1 then upgraded to 1.1.2 using this guide

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29

Was working great for over a week then somehow decided to do a restore...mostly curious to see what would happen. Long story short, I was finally able to restore and bring back to 1.1.2.

Now for my issue. After the restore to 1.1.2, jailbroken and unlocked, I notice that my custom wallpaper is on, all my contacts is up, all my sms messages still there, etc. Wasn't the restore supposed to wipe everything out?? If not, can I manually delete my backup in iTunes so that I can start fresh??

Also, I can't seem to figure out why I can't wake my phone from sleep. If I leave it to "never", phone works great. If I put it out to 1 min, it goes to sleep like normal but I can't wake it.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

/Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

wow! great to know! how would one go about backing up to a past backup?

vince

Quote Originally Posted by Herbnhero View Post
    wow! great to know! how would one go about backing up to a past backup?

vince
    hold the 'option' key down when you click 'Restore'

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    I have a OTB 1.1.1 then upgraded to 1.1.2 using this guide

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29

Was working great for over a week then somehow decided to do a restore...mostly curious to see what would happen. Long story short, I was finally able to restore and bring back to 1.1.2.

Now for my issue. After the restore to 1.1.2, jailbroken and unlocked, I notice that my custom wallpaper is on, all my contacts is up, all my sms messages still there, etc. Wasn't the restore supposed to wipe everything out?? If not, can I manually delete my backup in iTunes so that I can start fresh??

Also, I can't seem to figure out why I can't wake my phone from sleep. If I leave it to "never", phone works great. If I put it out to 1 min, it goes to sleep like normal but I can't wake it.
    Just in case anyone wants it, a great app for OSX called iBackup backups up ALL of the iphone data. You need to have the iphone mounted as an external drive ( MaceFuse and ssfhs) and then select only Applications, Library, system, bin, dev, private, sbin, usr. The rest are symbolic links so you don't need to back them up. If you've used BossTools to move your apps etc then you don't backup Applications, it'll be under private.
    I've tried it numerous times on 1.1.1 jailbroken phone with OSX Tiger and Leopard and it backs up and restores perfectly. iBackup 6.2 is the one I use. Oh, it's FREE!
    Last edited by georgep; 2008-01-17 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Missed one line of text

does anybody know where backups are located in windows?

thanks