Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why isn't there disk mode yet?

Default Why isn't there disk mode yet?
    Anyone know why there isn't disk mode yet? Wirelessly transferring files is so slow compared to USB transfers. It'd be really great if we could connect to our computers through USB and do our modding that way instead of SSH (or AFP).

There are programs out there that allow this (iFuntastic, iPHUC for example) - note I use Mac do am fimilar with these but I understand a few Windows one are out there as well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tdefriez For This Useful Post:

kloan (2007-12-03)

Thanks for the reply..

I tried out iFuntastic... all the directories in the file browser remain dim, I can't click anything. iPHUC looks a little annoying to set up.

Basically, I'm looking for something that will allow me to back up everything in case something should go wrong (Cyberduck deleted a bunch of files last week).

Anything out there like that? (again, USB connected)

Cyberduck deleted files?

Thanks

I actually prefer SSH over wired, and xfer speeds are just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    Cyberduck deleted files?
    Yeah, apparantly there's an undocumented bug in it. I right clicked a file and selected delete, but it just started deleting EVERYTHING. I guess the safe way is to select a file first, make sure it's highlighted, then select delete. Stupid. Big pain in the arse to fix that mess....

HotStuff2, the speeds are fine for a file here and there, but try backing up entire directories and see how long it takes. I tried copying the entire thing, minus the music and movies, and it was going to take hours to transfer several hundred megs.

That's good to know. Thx.