Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! my iphone became an ipod!!!

Default Help!! my iphone became an ipod!!!
    Hi, I have a USA 1.1.1 OTB Iphone jailbroken and unlocked.
    Today I tried to modify m68ap.plist to enable international settings, but once I've restarted it I don't see nothing on the display and I've a little "Ipod" in top left corner!
    I can receive calls but nothing more!
    What can I do now?
    Last edited by themoc; 2007-11-29 at 04:34 PM.

You should retore your iPhone or reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by themoc View Post
    Hi, I have a USA 1.1.1 OTB Iphone jailbroken and unlocked.
    Today I tried to modify m68ap.plist to enable international settings, but once I've restarted it I don't see nothing on the display and I've a little "Ipod" in top left corner!
    I can receive calls but nothing more!
    What can I do now?
    Did you backup your plist? If not, google or ask for it. Im on 1.1.2 so sorry I cant help you.
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

I strongly recommend you restore the phone and FORGET about messing with the plist settings...

Some people have had NO Problems but I had the same problem as you...

THREE TIMES! I did it twice on PC and once on MAC and everytime I had the same result - it became an iPod - it didn't matter if I put my backed up plist file back on the phone it was still an iPod even after holding down both buttons to reset the phone... IT NEVER WORKED...

All that I achieved was hours restoring and updating and hacking and I got a headache and fedup!

Thanks to Independence I managed to restore the iPhone to working 1.1.1 order in 30 minutes using a MAC on the last attempt but since then I have decided changing the settings IS NOT worthit!

I even have a 1.1.2 UK iPhone and I don't think its neccessary even now I am using that phone as well and to be honest virtually every number I dial is saved in the phonebook so the number format doesn't bother me... and for some reason if you change the phone out of US mode it WONT let you use 12 hour clock ie, am and pm...

My advice to you is don't bother... I am 100% certain I did the procedure perfectly everytime I tried and it never worked... and considering the first 2 times I had to jailbreak the MANUAL method using Windows using command line stuff I am sure that I did it right.

I just think some iPhones do not seem to like that file being messed with - so give up while your ahead - save yourself the hassle just leave it alone!

Guys... The M68ap.plist has a dif structure in every f/w. So messing with it won't be the same across all f/w. To avoid the iPod bug do this: Make sure that SSH is turned on. Also BACKUP the file. (ALWAYS backup, it's your failsafe). Just SSH the file back in if you screw up your iPhone..

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you chmod the file to 755 the file once youve put it back into the.. that could cause you problems as well.. always back up the file your modifying so if it does mess up you can jus pu tthe old one back in..... if youve changed a file and you reboot and it hangs at the apple boot screen connect your phone to the computer and ssh into it (i use cyberduck) and change the file back then reboot again u should be ok afterwards if that fails then id say do a restore.......
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd