Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 & scared to update?!

Default 1.0.2 & scared to update?!
    so, i modded my phone when i first got it and then read all the threads about installing updates, so i keep avoiding. but now i'm really behind i guess! at this point can i update? or what precautions should i take before updating? or should i not bother? what's the most updated way of modding with the latest update? in the back of my head i feel like i should reset, then update. but i'm still a touch nervous! if anyone could just help me out before i break the damn thing that would be awesome. thanks everyone! [/COLOR]

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

your saying your modded but are you unlocked as well or are you on at&t........ if your unlocked your gonna need to revirginize your phone once youve done that upgrade to 1.1.1 by putting the phone into to dfu mode and locating the 1.1.1 firmware that you downloaded....... Pm me if you need help doin that
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    your saying your modded but are you unlocked as well or are you on at&t........ if your unlocked your gonna need to revirginize your phone once youve done that upgrade to 1.1.1 by putting the phone into to dfu mode and locating the 1.1.1 firmware that you downloaded....... Pm me if you need help doin that
    Good point, unlocking is indeed the snafu area. If you're on AT&T, shoot plan on several restores before everything settles it

But.. you've waited this long, hang on until 1.1.3 is released and then jailbroken.