Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.2: Caller ID local support in unsupported country and Mail problems.

  1. #1
    Green Apple kofster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Cool 1.1.2: Caller ID local support in unsupported country and Mail problems.
    Good day gentlemen. My name is Kofi Blades and I live in Trinidad and Tobago. I tell you where I live because I think it is an important factor for the smooth running of my iPhone. At least with version 1.1.2 with the newer, smarter AppSupport.
    First of all, I want to discuss a problem that has been plaguing me since my 1.1.1 update.
    It is mail.

    I have 4 email accounts on my iPhone:
    kofi at kofster dot com: POP3
    kofster at gmail dot com: IMAP4
    kofster at yahoo dot com: IMAP4
    degyuldemdarlin at aol dot com: IMAP4

    When I was using the iPhone at 1.0.2, the accounts were originally synced from my mail application on my laptop with the exception of the yahoo account. That yahoo account was created on the iPhone through the 'Mail' tab in the Settings application.
    I first used the mail application through wifi as I was home when I set it up and allowed the iPhone to use internet that I shared from the laptop's Wifi. Everything then worked okay. The only problem I had was that my yahoo account never got any of the pushed emails while it was connected via wifi. However, when I was connected via EDGE, it got the pushed emails very quickly.
    When I updated to 1.1.1, Email continued to work smoothly over EDGE but WiFi was another story.
    My yahoo account never fetched messages on the wifi...
    "Cannot Get Mail
    The connection to the server "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" failed"

    So I did everything I thought would have worked.
    I did a soft reset where I reset all settings on the iphone through Settings>General>Reset.
    That did not work either ater I put in my credentials again.
    I did a hard reset by holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until the white Apple logo came up after the phone restarted.
    That did not work either. Instead, I got this message:
    "Yahoo! Account verification failed
    The IMAP server "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is not responding. Check Your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" Field."
    After this point, I changed my yahoo.com account password and tried again in the iPhone. Still no go after that. However, the account verified normally when I used the EDGE connection. I didn't change the passwords on the other accounts because they work fine on my PowerBook's Mail application. I send and receive email from the accounts on my powerbook but on the iPhone, they time out. I even did a restore- restore to 1.1.1 then went to dfu mode, downgraded to 1.0.2, activated and jailbreaked and went into the special mode for upgrade and upgraded to 1.1.1. That did not work. With Yahoo, however, I was able to send mail via the wifi and I confirmed that the messages were actually sent by logging into my yahoo webmail.
    I was hoping that 1.1.2 would fix that but it actually got worse. Yahoo messages do not send anymore. Instead, they are saved to some "Outbox" on the iPhone and not on the server.
    They all work fine over EDGE thou still.
    I'm taking the time to write this email because I have checked many forums but none help.
    Now with the caller ID problem...
    When I first upgraded to 1.1.2, I had no problems other than
    1) I could not dial new numbers on the iPhone's Phone.app keypad or check my recents without it crashing. I could have called contacts only through the contacts that were saved.
    2) My SMS application crashed immediately after being launched too.
    3) There was no region formatting for my calls anymore. The brackets and dashes that separated the numbers were gone.
    I read on some forums about patching AppSupport in the AppSupport.frameworks folder would have fixed it. However, using HexEdit, I was only able to edit France's country name/ISO (fr to tt) and the International Country Calling Code (32 to 868) I was unable to edit the IDD International Prefix, NDD National Prefix, Area Code Length and the Subscriber Number Length.
    In this forum, I found out about pntedit and tried it. The PPC version did not work on my PowerBook - it continually generated a blank list. So I got one of my friends with a pc to help me out. I got the codes and edited them so they looked like this:

    us 1 011 1 3 7
    ca 1 011 1 3 7
    fr 33 00 0 1 8
    fr 33 40 0 1 8
    fr 33 50 0 1 8
    fr 33 70 0 1 8
    fr 33 90 0 1 8
    uk 44 00 0 3 7
    gh 233 011 0 3 9
    jp 81 010 0 1 9
    jp 81 010 0 2 8
    jp 81 010 0 3 7
    jp 81 010 0 4 6
    tt 868 011 1 3 7
    cn 86 00 0 0 11
    cn 86 00 0 2 8
    cn 86 00 0 3 7

    After I edited, it was sent back to Matthew and he generated the patched AppSupport for me. I uploaded that to the iPhone but that did not change anything. I even tried what the iPhone Dev Wiki had on their site.
    I patched the hexes again and uploaded, making sure to delete after backing up the AppSupport I had on my iPhone. This still did not change anything. The only progress I made was when I edited two plist files; UIInternationalCodes.plist and UIPhoneFormats.plist at: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats.
    Now if there is anyone out there who's successfully patched their AppSupport to work with their country and also enable them to dial phone numbers in their local format and allow the iPhone to recognise them, I urge you, do one for Trinidad and Tobago please. You can use the values I used above in the row with "tt" or you can search the net and get the correct ones if I have them wrong. This is much appreciated. The AppSupport that I currently use is in the zip folder that I uploaded also. I also created two mobile carrier plist files; one for bmobile and one for Digicel together with their symlink files- they are the local service providers here and these files work great!
    As a result, my phone started displaying the formats such +1 (868) 123-4567, (868) 123-4567 and 123-4567.
    However, The problem is that the caller ID is not working the way it should. Trinidad and Tobago's format is +1 (868) 123-4567. I save all my contacts like this just in case....
    If I saved 'John' as +1 (868) 123-4567 and I dialed 123-4567, the iPhone will not show the call as calling 'John.' It will just show the phone calling 123-4567.
    Also, if I saved +1 (868) 123-4567 to Jane and I dialed 868 with the number or even 1 (868) 123-4567, the iPhone still would not show the Jane info unless the + is with the whole number. If I dial local numbers, the phone does not recognize it. On the other hand, when a call comes in, all the info comes up as the service providers show everything... and I have my numbers saved in the same format as the calls come in.
    I never experienced this problem with 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. I sent some screenshots of how the keypad looks when dialing...
    So I'm going now and finish send this email from my mac and use the EDGE data to recreate my email accounts and hope that leopard will be able me out when I upgrade this week.
    Thank you gentlemen for your patience.

    17" PowerBook G4
    G4 PPC 1.67 Mhz processor
    Mac OS X 10.4.11

    8Gb iPhone
    unlocked with anySIM on 1.0.2. ...iTunes 7.4.1
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 ...iTunes 7.4.1
    Unlocked and fixed with iPhoneSIMFree 1.6 ...iTunes 7.4.1
    OtkoPrepped and upgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbreaked ...iTunes 7.5

    SMS OK
    YouTube OK
    Stocks OK
    Maps OK
    Weather OK
    iTunes WiFi Store OK
    Installer OK
    Safari: OK
    Mail; EDGE: OK, WiFi NO

    So, if you guys can't help me out, i would hope that you can probably find some others that can. Thank you again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_9003.jpg   -img_9004.jpg   -img_9005.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to kofster For This Useful Post:

    gready123456 (2007-12-10)

  3. #2
    I was having wifi problems aswell. Simply go to settings and reset network settings. That fixed it for me

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    who is ya Carrier ..... i live in bermuda and mines is Digicel. i had similar problems so i jus edited the ca in the appsupport and changed it to jm..441..... jm (Country Code) 441 (area code) and that was it everyhing works perfect. if u sitll have probs then PM me
    Last edited by acaijr73; 2007-11-25 at 10:33 PM.
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

    1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

    1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

  5. #4
    Green Apple kofster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    I was having wifi problems aswell. Simply go to settings and reset network settings. That fixed it for me
    Padna, like you didn read the whole post. I tried that all and it still did not work. I soft reset, hard reset, erase and content and reset, restored, downgraded and upgraded-twice!!! and it still eh working.
    Last edited by kofster; 2007-11-25 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to kofster For This Useful Post:

    gready123456 (2007-12-09)

  7. #5
    Dear Kofi,

    I have the same like you in Vietnam. I loaded your pntedit file and do it as below:

    # Used iDemocracy 2.0.2, at 1.1.2 menu to fixed SMS, EDGE, country (I take Australia - because do no have Vietnam in the iDemocracy list), etc.
    # Install iWorld in Tweaks (1.1.2), choose my country (Vietnam)
    # Grab copy of AppSupport from firmware 1.1.2
    # Run "pntedit.exe read AppSupport PhoneNumberTemplates.txt"
    # Edit PhoneNumberTemplates.txt (with 'vn' codes)
    # Run "pntedit.exe write AppSupport PhoneNumberTemplates.txt AppSupport.Patched"
    # Replace AppSupport on iPhone with AppSupport.Patched

    Now my iPhone work with as usual as 1.0.2

    In your case, I found that your code is US code. You should do nothing with AppSupport. Just choose your country as "US" when fixed SMS, EDGE by iDemocracy. Please read as: http://www.kropla.com/dialcode.htm#notes
    Cheers
    Last edited by PcOnline; 2007-11-28 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    who is ya Carrier ..... i live in bermuda and mines is Digicel. i had similar problems so i jus edited the ca in the appsupport and changed it to jm..441..... jm (Country Code) 441 (area code) and that was it everyhing works perfect. if u sitll have probs then PM me
    You will continue to experience problems with caller ID matching and SMS, to resolve it. you need to add this to APPSupport
    "bm 1 011 0 3 7"
    Keep in mind Bermuda is part of the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), so the phone numbers in Bermuda use the same rules as US.

    I was in Jamaica like two weeks ago for a bereavement, Good thing I had my MacBook Pro on me. I was able to edit my appsupport once I got back to my residence, after purchasing my Digicel chip, and couldn't figure out why my sms/phone kept crashing with 1.1.2.

    What i did first was add
    "jm 876 011 0 3 7 " I realized family members numbers where beinning picked up via sms/caller ID.
    I did some reading over the hackint0sh forums and found out that Jamaica falls under the (NANP) so all I really need to do was add this the APPSUPPORT
    "jm 1 011 0 3 7"
    and my callerID/sms identify the with the names I have stored in my phonebook.

    -Veli

    Quote Originally Posted by kofster View Post
    Good day gentlemen. My name is Kofi Blades and I live in Trinidad and Tobago. I tell you where I live because I think it is an important factor for the smooth running of my iPhone. At least with version 1.1.2 with the newer, smarter AppSupport.
    First of all, I want to discuss a problem that has been plaguing me since my 1.1.1 update.
    It is mail.

    I have 4 email accounts on my iPhone:
    kofi at kofster dot com: POP3
    kofster at gmail dot com: IMAP4
    kofster at yahoo dot com: IMAP4
    degyuldemdarlin at aol dot com: IMAP4

    When I was using the iPhone at 1.0.2, the accounts were originally synced from my mail application on my laptop with the exception of the yahoo account. That yahoo account was created on the iPhone through the 'Mail' tab in the Settings application.
    I first used the mail application through wifi as I was home when I set it up and allowed the iPhone to use internet that I shared from the laptop's Wifi. Everything then worked okay. The only problem I had was that my yahoo account never got any of the pushed emails while it was connected via wifi. However, when I was connected via EDGE, it got the pushed emails very quickly.
    When I updated to 1.1.1, Email continued to work smoothly over EDGE but WiFi was another story.
    My yahoo account never fetched messages on the wifi...
    "Cannot Get Mail
    The connection to the server "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" failed"

    So I did everything I thought would have worked.
    I did a soft reset where I reset all settings on the iphone through Settings>General>Reset.
    That did not work either ater I put in my credentials again.
    I did a hard reset by holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until the white Apple logo came up after the phone restarted.
    That did not work either. Instead, I got this message:
    "Yahoo! Account verification failed
    The IMAP server "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is not responding. Check Your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" Field."
    After this point, I changed my yahoo.com account password and tried again in the iPhone. Still no go after that. However, the account verified normally when I used the EDGE connection. I didn't change the passwords on the other accounts because they work fine on my PowerBook's Mail application. I send and receive email from the accounts on my powerbook but on the iPhone, they time out. I even did a restore- restore to 1.1.1 then went to dfu mode, downgraded to 1.0.2, activated and jailbreaked and went into the special mode for upgrade and upgraded to 1.1.1. That did not work. With Yahoo, however, I was able to send mail via the wifi and I confirmed that the messages were actually sent by logging into my yahoo webmail.
    I was hoping that 1.1.2 would fix that but it actually got worse. Yahoo messages do not send anymore. Instead, they are saved to some "Outbox" on the iPhone and not on the server.
    They all work fine over EDGE thou still.
    I'm taking the time to write this email because I have checked many forums but none help.
    Now with the caller ID problem...
    When I first upgraded to 1.1.2, I had no problems other than
    1) I could not dial new numbers on the iPhone's Phone.app keypad or check my recents without it crashing. I could have called contacts only through the contacts that were saved.
    2) My SMS application crashed immediately after being launched too.
    3) There was no region formatting for my calls anymore. The brackets and dashes that separated the numbers were gone.
    I read on some forums about patching AppSupport in the AppSupport.frameworks folder would have fixed it. However, using HexEdit, I was only able to edit France's country name/ISO (fr to tt) and the International Country Calling Code (32 to 868) I was unable to edit the IDD International Prefix, NDD National Prefix, Area Code Length and the Subscriber Number Length.
    In this forum, I found out about pntedit and tried it. The PPC version did not work on my PowerBook - it continually generated a blank list. So I got one of my friends with a pc to help me out. I got the codes and edited them so they looked like this:

    us 1 011 1 3 7
    ca 1 011 1 3 7
    fr 33 00 0 1 8
    fr 33 40 0 1 8
    fr 33 50 0 1 8
    fr 33 70 0 1 8
    fr 33 90 0 1 8
    uk 44 00 0 3 7
    gh 233 011 0 3 9
    jp 81 010 0 1 9
    jp 81 010 0 2 8
    jp 81 010 0 3 7
    jp 81 010 0 4 6
    tt 868 011 1 3 7
    cn 86 00 0 0 11
    cn 86 00 0 2 8
    cn 86 00 0 3 7

    After I edited, it was sent back to Matthew and he generated the patched AppSupport for me. I uploaded that to the iPhone but that did not change anything. I even tried what the iPhone Dev Wiki had on their site.
    I patched the hexes again and uploaded, making sure to delete after backing up the AppSupport I had on my iPhone. This still did not change anything. The only progress I made was when I edited two plist files; UIInternationalCodes.plist and UIPhoneFormats.plist at: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats.
    Now if there is anyone out there who's successfully patched their AppSupport to work with their country and also enable them to dial phone numbers in their local format and allow the iPhone to recognise them, I urge you, do one for Trinidad and Tobago please. You can use the values I used above in the row with "tt" or you can search the net and get the correct ones if I have them wrong. This is much appreciated. The AppSupport that I currently use is in the zip folder that I uploaded also. I also created two mobile carrier plist files; one for bmobile and one for Digicel together with their symlink files- they are the local service providers here and these files work great!
    As a result, my phone started displaying the formats such +1 (868) 123-4567, (868) 123-4567 and 123-4567.
    However, The problem is that the caller ID is not working the way it should. Trinidad and Tobago's format is +1 (868) 123-4567. I save all my contacts like this just in case....
    If I saved 'John' as +1 (868) 123-4567 and I dialed 123-4567, the iPhone will not show the call as calling 'John.' It will just show the phone calling 123-4567.
    Also, if I saved +1 (868) 123-4567 to Jane and I dialed 868 with the number or even 1 (868) 123-4567, the iPhone still would not show the Jane info unless the + is with the whole number. If I dial local numbers, the phone does not recognize it. On the other hand, when a call comes in, all the info comes up as the service providers show everything... and I have my numbers saved in the same format as the calls come in.
    I never experienced this problem with 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. I sent some screenshots of how the keypad looks when dialing...
    So I'm going now and finish send this email from my mac and use the EDGE data to recreate my email accounts and hope that leopard will be able me out when I upgrade this week.
    Thank you gentlemen for your patience.

    17" PowerBook G4
    G4 PPC 1.67 Mhz processor
    Mac OS X 10.4.11

    8Gb iPhone
    unlocked with anySIM on 1.0.2. ...iTunes 7.4.1
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 ...iTunes 7.4.1
    Unlocked and fixed with iPhoneSIMFree 1.6 ...iTunes 7.4.1
    OtkoPrepped and upgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbreaked ...iTunes 7.5

    SMS OK
    YouTube OK
    Stocks OK
    Maps OK
    Weather OK
    iTunes WiFi Store OK
    Installer OK
    Safari: OK
    Mail; EDGE: OK, WiFi NO

    So, if you guys can't help me out, i would hope that you can probably find some others that can. Thank you again.
    Replace "fr 33 00 0 1 8" with "tt 1 011 0 3 7" that will fix your problem...

    If your can't figure it out, I'll send you mines and include TT...


    -Veli

    us 1 011 1 3 7
    ca 1 011 1 3 7
    jm 1 011 1 3 7
    tt 1 011 1 3 7
    fr 33 50 0 1 8
    fr 33 70 0 1 8
    fr 33 90 0 1 8
    uk 44 00 0 3 7
    it 39 00 - 1 8
    it 39 00 - 2 7
    it 39 00 - 3 6
    it 39 00 - 4 5
    de 49 00 0 2 7
    de 49 00 0 3 6
    de 49 00 0 4 5
    de 49 00 0 5 4
    de 49 00 0 2 8
    de 49 00 0 3 7
    de 49 00 0 4 6
    de 49 00 0 5 5
    de 49 00 0 2 9
    de 49 00 0 3 8
    de 49 00 0 4 7
    de 49 00 0 5 6
    jp 81 010 0 1 9
    jp 81 010 0 2 8
    jp 81 010 0 3 7
    jp 81 010 0 4 6
    jp 81 010 0 5 5
    cn 86 00 0 0 11
    cn 86 00 0 2 8
    cn 86 00 0 3 7
    SAVE this as "PhoneNumberTemplates.txt"
    FIREUP "terminal"
    RUN this in terminal > "./pntedit write AppSupport PhoneNumberTemplates.txt AppSupport.Patched"

    Make sure you remove the (Quotes)

    -Veli
    Last edited by Makaveli; 2007-11-28 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    You will continue to experience problems with caller ID matching and SMS, to resolve it. you need to add this to APPSupport
    "bm 1 011 0 3 7"
    Keep in mind Bermuda is part of the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), so the phone numbers in Bermuda use the same rules as US.

    I was in Jamaica like two weeks ago for a bereavement, Good thing I had my MacBook Pro on me. I was able to edit my appsupport once I got back to my residence, after purchasing my Digicel chip, and couldn't figure out why my sms/phone kept crashing with 1.1.2.

    What i did first was add
    "jm 876 011 0 3 7 " I realized family members numbers where beinning picked up via sms/caller ID.
    I did some reading over the hackint0sh forums and found out that Jamaica falls under the (NANP) so all I really need to do was add this the APPSUPPORT
    "jm 1 011 0 3 7"
    and my callerID/sms identify the with the names I have stored in my phonebook.
    Mines works with the configuration that i have and flawlessly. "bm" doesn not work with my digicel card i tried it on numerous occasions i have to use "jm" and either "441" or "876" and i found that i had to put it where ca and fr was in order for it to work.. my contacts match up with my sms and phone calls..... the incoming calls format correctly. Its jus goin to be a trial and error thing for people on digicel network in different carribean islands.. i dont know how the other islands are but i kno the bermudas sms and data a routed from jamaicas digicel....
    Last edited by acaijr73; 2007-12-02 at 11:28 AM.
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

    1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

    1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

  10. #8
    Green Apple kofster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Cool 1.1.2 Caller ID local support success!!!
    Peoples, ma peoples, ma peoples, ma peoples! I've been meaning
    o write this up a long while but I'm stuck with GPRS for a while so my response and some more to come, will not be that prompt.
    I want to thank you all very much for all your advice. Nevermind they did not work anyways, I was able to patch my AppSupport for Trinidad and Tobago, irregardless of my service provider (Even though I prefer Digicel over the other network)
    Despite everyone telling me to use the Jamaica and the Bermuda settings- they would not have worked because the digits that are put into the AppSupport (Via pntedit) must correspond with the following data that is read from the SIM card as follows:
    Country Name abbreviation: tt
    International Country Calling Code: 1
    International Direct Dialing Code: 868
    National Direct Dialing Prefix: 1
    Area ode Length 3
    Subscriber Number Length 7

    If you are not sure about your country's codes, visit this page.
    That is how it works. So If I used the bermuda codes instead of the 868 for Trinidad, from the time the SIM is inserted in the Phone.app and MobileSMS.ap would have still crashed because AppSupport was looking for these prefixes.
    Well I had that part. A lot of people weren't reading to see what the nature of my problem was.
    My problem was that even though the applications were working well, when I entered a number in 123-4567 format, the phone would not recognize the number dialed for a contact stored in the iPhone if it was done in +1 (868) 123-4567.
    The MobileSMS application however, was able to list the contact while sending messages and the recent calls list in the same phone app.
    Now, I followed the instructions of the iPhone Dev Team to patch the AppSupport to fix that feature but their execution was erroneous.
    This is what I did and it worked:
    Using Hex Edit, go to address "0x2DE8". Find "3F 10 DD E5" and replace it with, "01 10 A0 E3" You can do this before or after you use pntedit to patch it to add support for your country. Just make sure to save backup of the original one first before you proceed. Not that you will ever need it but it is best to be prudent.
    The next thing I did was create Digicel Support in the form of a Digicel_postpaid.plist file. I will also upload this for you people who use Digicel and are post paid. I will upload one also for people that are Prepaid. If by chance the codes are different, you can change to suit.
    Now that AppSupport patch that you do with hex edit and pntedit will work. If you are getting problems on a powerpc mac, ask a windows friend to help you out. I gotta thank Matthew for his patience here... me bugging him all the time on messenger and at some funny hours too....
    The only reason I did the Digicel-Postpaid.plist was because I wanted to fancy the phone and make it appear to have official Digicel support.
    Go to this wikipedia page so you can get your country's MCC and MNC codes. You will need it to successfully complete these steps. They are very simple and do not require much time.
    Open the Digicel_Postpaid.plist file on your mac with a plist editor. In the editor, you will see a heading, "Property List" Scroll down to supported SIMs and click on the arrow. In that row, you will see "0, String and 374130" Chnge the Value, 374130 to the MCC and MNC of your country. Also, make any other appropriate changes to the codes to reflect the codes of the carier requests of your country then save the file.
    You can place the edited digicel plist file in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support of your iPhone via SSH.
    When that is added, use installer to download Term vt-100. It is a mobile version of the Terminal application.
    In Term vt-100, type:
    cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support then press return.
    To double check that you are in the correct directory, type:
    pwd
    It should say:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    Now type in:
    ln -s Digicel_Postpaid.plist xxxxxx
    The xxxxxx will represent the 6 digits that you entered in earlier in the plist file. It is, again, your country's MCC and MNC codes. All you have to do is now take out the SIM from the iPhone and probably put another SIM in it then eject and replace it with your SIM. Then click on Settings>Phone>Digicel Services and you're set!!!
    The other files I altered were UIInternationalCodes.plist and UIPhoneformats.plist found at /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats. I added additional support for Trinidad by putting in the International calling codes and Country name abbreviation.
    Thanks for the audience as I know I doh facilitate quick reading. Anybody getting problems with any of these, hit me up and I'll assist anyways I can. I hope you Bermuda guys and Jamaica guys okay and again, thanks for your concern and input
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kofster; 2007-12-03 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Wrong editing format...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to kofster For This Useful Post:

    gready123456 (2007-12-08)

  12. #9
    hey i am a fellow trini i am having problem to get pntedit runing it keeps crashing
    could u please post the appsupport file for me please

    oh by the way i ahve xp and that sucks i tried a friends computer same thign u see the command prompt for a second then it crashes

    thanks for your insight on the plist file i have a tstt plist which can be found on this link

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=callx

  13. #10
    Green Apple kofster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    That's good that you requested that there gready123456. I should have posted those files there too with the first set.
    Well, here is the AppSupport file for Trinidad and Tobago people or people visiting the island. You may want to use these files or even keep them just in case you have friends who may need them someday.
    1) Download the AppSupport for Trinbago.zip file. Using SSH, navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework on the iPhone. Backup the ApppSupport file at this location then delete the file from the iPhone. Take the extracted AppSupport file that was downloaded from this posting and place it at this location. Reboot your Jesusphone.
    I also included the carrier services plists files. One is for folk that use a Post Paid Digicel account and the other for Digicel Prepaid users. I'm not a big fan of bmobile but I also created a services plist file for them.
    The MCC and MNC codes for Digicel are 374130 and for bmobile it is 37412.
    So if you are a post paid user, you are to navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support in your iPhone via SSH using any one of the cients fugu or cyberduck. Place the Digicel_Postpaid.plist file at that location.
    Then using the Term vt-100 application on your iPhone, type in
    cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    then press return.
    To make sure you are at the support folder in the above directory, type:
    pwd
    then press return
    It should say:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    Now type in:
    ln -s Digicel_Postpaid.plist 374130
    then press return.
    If you are a Digicel Prepaid user, place the Digicel_Prepaid.plist file in the Support folder in the directory above of the iPhone.
    Then type:
    cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    in Term vt-100 then press return.
    Then type in:
    ln -s Digicel_Prepaid.plist 374130
    then press return
    If you are a bmobile user, place the bmobile.plist file in the same Support folder in the iPhone. Then in the same Term vt-100 application, type in:
    cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    then press return.
    When that is finished, type in:
    ln -s bmobile.plist 37412
    then press return.
    Eject your SIM Card from the iPhone and restart the iPhone without the SIM in it. After the iPhone has restarted, place your SIM in it. Then, in Springboard, navigate to
    Settings>Phone. When you are there, depending on the carrier plist file you put in the iPhone and what SIM you have in, you will see the services. Look at how lovely mine looks.
    Hope you all get through. Thanks again.

    PS, I would advise that even if you are a Digicel customer, still include the bmobile.plist and its link for those wierd times you may want to use a bmobile SIM for whatever your reason. But like I always tell my friends, the Digicel SIM is the best to use in the iPhone.

    A word of advice to the Digicel customers; the iPhone resets the APN field every time you reinsert the SIM. So unless you want your iPhone to be automatically checking your mail in the background and draining your balance, please navigate to:
    Settings>General>Network>EDGE. In the APN area, delete the 'm' from 'com'. That way, it would not connect to the net automatically and be using DATA.
    Remember in Digi here in Trini, they charge per kilobyte.


    However, I have unlimited internet on my iPhone. I would recommend this to all post paid users and for prepaid users to convert their package to a post paid account.
    You will need a friend who has a blackberry. This is perfectly legal.
    Ask your friend who has a blackberry and does not plan to activate the internet services on it. It does not matter if he is a bmobile customer or Digicel. Carry the blackberry to Digicel and tell them that you want to activate the unlimited Blackberry Internet Service on the device. After the paper work is complete, they will inform you that the device must be off for approximately 1 hour or they will call you on the other contact number that you provided them with. The phone must be off while the Data plan is being provisioned on the SIM. During this time, leave the SIM in the Blackberry. After the 1 hour or your phone call that you're supposed to get on the other number, start the blackberry. You will receive a text stating that You have the BIS activated on the device. Smile a big smile. Remove the SIM from the Blackberry and place it in your iPhone. Smile a bigger smile and browse the web, use YouTube and all internet applications at some amazing speeds as I get a consistent oneseventysomething kbps speed connection. Give your friend his/her blackberry device back and thank them very much.
    Now if you were to ask customer service reps if it will work, they tell you no. What they do not know is that BIS does not work on the iPhone and you can't send and receive email but because the data account is provisioned on the SIM, you can use the internet. And everything works beautifully. Yahoo! mails are pushed to the phone like normal, all other accounts work beautifully as well. So, for Trinbagonians, the iPhone shines on the Digicel network with an unlimited BIS service. Try it and let me know how it goes!
    Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -digicel-services.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kofster For This Useful Post:

    Anton1G (2007-12-23), gready123456 (2007-12-09)

  15. #11
    thank u very much man this works like a charm and yet digicel is the better network lol
    i was going to use a tstt sim because of the net but thanks to u i have learnt how to get net from digicel

    i jus have one question can i place the two carrier service >plist files on the phone and run the both links so i can switch from digi to bmobile with out having to do any simlink agian ???


    once again thank u so much for your help

    thanks u very much

    one quick question about the carrier services .plist
    can i place both digi and bmobile in ther and link the two of the
    so i can switch sims with out having any problems
    or will i have to do a simlink every time i place a diffrent sim in there
    Last edited by gready123456; 2007-12-09 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #12
    thanks for this great info Kofi, do you mind if i add this info to my trini iphone blog? PM me about the details dont want to get put in the naughty corner for posting my blog.

  17. #13
    Green Apple kofster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Thumbs up Daz no scene man, Bezman...
    Quote Originally Posted by bezman View Post
    thanks for this great info Kofi, do you mind if i add this info to my trini iphone blog? PM me about the details dont want to get put in the naughty corner for posting my blog.
    Sorry that I didn't respond any sooner. I was ill for while- real dread virus going around. That and I had to deal with some not-so-bright-colleagues on the job to deal with.
    Anyways bezman, I will be honoured if you put the information on your site. I do not mind. Just please doh forget to credit me for it. I know is a forum here and the info is available for everyone. But still. Credit meh nah. That and when I get my new Macbook Pro next February, I will be making changes to my website http://www.kofster.com, to give it a major update and overhaul and include a section specifically for the iPhone and iPhone modding. Some of the information here that I've posted will be included there also. If I use anyone's intellectual property, I will also seek their permission. But Thank you again. I have no problem.
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

  18. #14
    Default Digicel Prepaid Carrier Settings
    Kofster. First of all, thanks for all the help. That AppSupport file saved me a world of worries. I also tried the carrier settings for digicel prepaid, but for some reason, I just cant get it to work. When I try to check the carrier services after running through the procedure, I realise that the carrier services option is no longer there. Any suggestions?

    Thanks man.

    Edit: Got it to work. Used a bmobile sim card to reset the carrier settings before restarting.
    Last edited by Anton1G; 2007-12-23 at 03:00 PM.

  19. #15

  20. #16
    Green Apple kofster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Thumbs up 1.1.2 Caller ID support for Trinidad ok and no more mail problems!!!
    Hey folks, with the minor exception of visual voicemail, my iPhone is now 100% functional here in Trinidad and Tobago! I upgraded my operating system on my PowerBook from a fierce Tiger to a roaring Leopard on the 10.5.1. The leopard experience is great but something 'mystical' happened. I know it happened during a sync because I didn't do anything special with Betty (my iPhone's name).
    All I know was that while I was connected via wifi to Sheila (my PowerBook's name) running diagnostics on another iPhone, my phone vibrated and chimed so beautifully- alerting me that I was getting email. I also realized that Betty's IP address had changed. I mean, this was weird. I am not talking about the 256.xx.x.xx IPs that change everytime the iPhone connects to an adhoc network. I'm talking about the static 10.x.x.xx IP addresses.
    Not only that, but as a bonus, I downgraded to 1.1.1 and re-updated to 1.1.2 yesterday and now my volume output has increased exponentially! I was totally taken aback. I have downgraded to 1.1.1 and re-updated so much times it gone out of style! LOL And I never had any problems doing it. Not forgetting to mention that no matter how much times I had done it, the volume remained the same despite following volume hacks posted in other forums on this site. Now, my volume is so loud, I have to turn on the volume leveling feature in the iPod section on the Settings IN ADDITION TO locking the iPod's maximum volume to one that is lower than the maximum. My earbuds felt like they wanted to burst at only 1/3 the iPod volume! Phone calls are substantially louder and the volume on my Jawbone bluetooth headset is sweet! I eh go lie people, I am excited. Cause now I want to see how this translates to use with the V-MODA VIBE Duo with Control-Playback that I'm collecting on Wednesday. I would have posted the plist files for you all but the thing is the values in the strings are the same as the ones from 1.0.2 so I honestly do not know where in the phone the increase is coming from. That and thanks to a post from bezman on his blog and some software by Shivanand, my Betty now tells me where in Trinidad and Tobago calls are coming from and where I'm calling (once the number is not saved to a contact in the Address Book.
    Anyways, I just want to express my gratitude to everyone including poetic_folly for the time you guys took to offer advice and I am thankful that I was able to help out the few or many that I did. (Oh gorm man, change that jailbreak status under me name nah. I know what jailbreak and SSH and all dem ting iz )
    Coming out of this post, I will also help any Mac user that needs advice or help with the downgrading of the firmware of their iPhone. Post in the relevant forum and send me a link.
    Thanks again!
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

  21. #17
    Hi

    Anyone have this problem in Australia ?

    I've tried so many things to get this working but I have the same problem as you did Kof

    Australia format is 0414 971 888 when you dial but i store my number as +61 414 971 888. When I get a missed call, it doens't show the name it just show the number as

    0414 971 888 or (02) 8704 4814

    I don't want to save both format under the same contact. Please help.

  22. #18
    What APN Settings did you use for Blackberry Internet service on the iPhone?

  23. #19
    I just unlock my iphone 3g however why i am only able to recieve calls and not make calls....do i need to enter an APN address can someone help me with this ????

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •