Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am BEGGING you for help!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Unhappy I am BEGGING you for help!!!!
    I am so frustrated right now.

1- I have downloaded the damned 1.1.1 firmware restore from this site about 10 times and each time it saves to my desktop as "iPhone1,1_1". I see that is it downloading as "iPhone1,1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw.zip" but it doesn't end up that way!!

2- I need to know how to change the download into the .ipsw file. I thought I read something last night saying to simply delete the .zip off the file name and it would be good. I did that last night and noticed the icon for the file changed to what I would describe a square white lego... lol Well, I ended up deleting that file by accident and now I cannot get any of the downloads to change to the .ipsw's and isn't that what I need to do the 1.1.1 restore through iTunes??

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Will that cause the file to save differently??

I assume you are using windows. I had to download the windows version of safari. Its actualy prety good. To be able to download some files in the correct form.

Thanks

you can restore from.zip and anyways .ipsw is a .zip format

Yes, choose save to disk though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    I assume you are using windows. I had to download the windows version of safari. Its actualy prety good. To be able to download some files in the correct form.
    I'm sorry, I should've mentioned I'm a new mac user...

Just save it to the desktop or whatever you mac users call it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshboiii View Post
    Yes, choose save to disk though.
    If I right click the link I have the option of "Download linked file as..." I choose that and then "iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw" for the name and then select my location as Desktop and it seemed to have started as a .ipsw file but then changed to zip so hopefully this will work out.

I'll let you guys know if it doesn't. Thanks for your help so far guys!!

No luck!!!!

I watched the download finish up and I noticed it said "expanding, or uncompressing, etc... zipped files" or something along those lines in the Downloads box right as the download completed. Now I've got a regular blue folder named iPhone1,1_1 sitting on my desktop.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'd like to use that file to restore back to the 1.1.1 but I'm assuming it has to be the .ipsw file??

I've got Stuffit Expander installed, would that cause the file to automatically unzip into a regular blue folder guys??
    Last edited by Ironhorz; 2007-11-21 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there anyway you could use a different internet browser, and download it that way? Does FireFox work on Macs, now-a-days?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshboiii View Post
    Is there anyway you could use a different internet browser, and download it that way? Does FireFox work on Macs, now-a-days?
    I've got Firefox installed and will give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion... I've gotta get up in about 5 hours for work so I'll check on it then.

I just started the download with Firefox and it seems to be downloading the correct file.

Thanks again!!

EDIT:

GOT IT!! Thanks for your help guys. I got the file to download with Firefox and then had to use iBrickr to get my phone out of recovery mode.

You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ironhorz; 2007-11-21 at 03:10 PM.