Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no two ways sync with ical

Default no two ways sync with ical
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but since I upgraded to 1.1.1 my phone doesn't sync any more towards ical.

to be honest this is not correct.

I have installed entourage on my mac and I sync entourage and ical.
    so, in ical, I have a calendar called entourage.

I have set in my sync preferences of the iphone, to place any new meeting in "entourage" calendar.

if I sync the phone with my mac, those meeting inserted in the iphone do not appear in ical, but they appear in entourage.

so what?!?

any suggestion?!?

ciao!
    luca

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viskas View Post
    if I sync the phone with my mac, those meeting inserted in the iphone do not appear in ical, but they appear in entourage.

so what?!
    ciao!
    luca
    Complicated. By the sounds of your setup, you have to do two syncs independently. If you sync your iPhone with your Mac, all of your calendar data will go to entourage, but you will then have to again sync your entourage with iCal. Sync isn't designed to handle two calendars simultaneously.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

thank your for your kind reply.
    the point is that I have changed the calendar where iphones "should" upload calendar notes created on the phone itself.
    but if I create a new event on the phone and I sync the phone with iTunes, I can't see that event on iCal.
    sounds like a mistery, doesn't it?!?
    any suggestion to restore the phone sync?!?
    I have also tried to cancel all the events on the phone restoring the calendar from iSync.
    do you know how to cancel the partnership between itunes and the phone?!?

I'm having the same problem. I'm running 1.0.2 and appointments added to the iPhone do not sync to iCal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viskas View Post
    thank your for your kind reply.
    the point is that I have changed the calendar where iphones "should" upload calendar notes created on the phone itself.
    but if I create a new event on the phone and I sync the phone with iTunes, I can't see that event on iCal.
    sounds like a mistery, doesn't it?!?
    any suggestion to restore the phone sync?!?
    I have also tried to cancel all the events on the phone restoring the calendar from iSync.
    do you know how to cancel the partnership between itunes and the phone?!?
    If you want to turn the feature off, cancel the partnership. You simply need to click on the Summary tab when you're iPhone is plugged in, and uncheck the iCal sync box. You can also check here to ensure you have the iCal set to "sync" and not "overwrite from computer to iphone".

I may have misread, but I thought you had used the Sync program to re-direct your sync's to entourage instead of iCal, in which case your iCal would no longer be updated.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.