Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SOB! Open SSH is being mean!

Default SOB! Open SSH is being mean!
    I've been logging into my brothers phone Via. SSH but it wont login on my phone... It keeps giving me "unexpected end of sftp stream" error. Anyone else have the same problem? I tried searching the board already but the search is working as good as SSH right now :/

BTW I'm on FW 1.1.1
    Last edited by ixlr8; 2007-11-17 at 01:26 AM.

Copy and paste the contents of your terminal session. You say you get this sftp error upon login?

I keep getting this error.

Last login: Wed Nov 21 00:20:15 2007 from 192.168.0.137
    -sh-3.2# cd
    Connection to 192.168.0.158 closed.
    cables-computer:~ CABLE$

when I login on the terminal it gives me the -sh-3.2# instead of just the #. And as soon as I try to type any other comand it just closes my conection :-(
    Somebody had any problems like that to help me????

you need to enter the following command

ssh [email protected]

Then terminal will ask you for a password...which is either alpine or dottie..

At that point your connected and can execute commands via terminal

You probably have the incorrect IP address. You don't HAVE to use the terminal. You can go to Settings>Wi-Fi then tap the blue arrow next to your wireless internet name. You should see the IP address there.

If it's not that, make sure you're using right password. It's either, alpine or dottie ( all lowercase). I had the same problem when I first had it; I was using the password dottie.

Quote Originally Posted by gmckay View Post
    you need to enter the following command

ssh [email protected]

Then terminal will ask you for a password...which is either alpine or dottie..

At that point your connected and can execute commands via terminal
    Yeah!!!
    Thanks bro. working now