Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CLUELESS iPhoner! Please Help!

Default CLUELESS iPhoner! Please Help!
    So, here I am trying to be stealth and jail breaking my iPhone and now I'm totally lost. I am brand new at this and can barely understand the lingo ppl on this site are using...so I need somone who is patient and wants to help a beginner! THNKS in advance!

1) I went to Jailbreakme.com, downloaded installer and then downloaded 'Customize.' Now I have 'demo app' and 'field test' icons displayed. I tried to unistall customize to get rid of them, but not so much luck. They are so ugly! HELP! Thanks again for everyone's patience with my obvious ignorance!!!

2) In general, what are the "essential" applications I should download? I know its all custom and personalized, but what are some of the best and most popular ones?

1) mobil finder there you can delete everything on your iPhone if you wanted to ( be careful)
    2)community sources, finder, mobil chat, nes, open ssh, just have fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Haylers18 (2007-11-13)

Thanks!

How do I access Mobile finder?

Sorry...

Have you jailbroke your phone?

Install community sources in installer

k done

Thanks for your help so far. What is the next step? I installed community sources and I dont see an icon.
    Last edited by Haylers18; 2007-11-13 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now install
    OpenSSh
    DnS tools
    BSD Subsystems
    Launcher
    SummerBoard

restart your phone after every 2 or 3 installs
    let me know?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Haylers18 (2007-11-13)

Great! Thanks so much...will start on this and get back to you!!!

Hello!

OK, I have all installed but Launcher and summerboard. I cannot find launcher, only 'ilauncher.' Is this the same? Should I install this? Thanks again for putting up with me. You are really helping me...

Hello!

OK, I have all installed but Launcher and summerboard. I cannot find launcher, only 'ilauncher.' Is this the same? Should I install this? Thanks again for putting up with me. You are really helping me...
    Last edited by Haylers18; 2007-11-13 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

there are a few iLaunch, XLauncher, Launcher. I use Launcher but the others are fine just pick one and try it out No worries

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Haylers18 (2007-11-13)

Great. I have everything installed that you wrote down. What's next?

Well we can try to install some NES ROMs via SFTP.. Meaning install nintendo games on your iPhone

Great. Well, when I run xlaunch...it shows me all my icons...when I click on "reset" on for example 'field test' it gives me options to 'launch app,' 'toggle visibility,' 'push onto button bar' and 'squeeze onto button bar.' Which one deletes it?

I still dont know what all the things are that I downloaded or what their functions are. When you have a chance, would you mind explaining? Or is there like a "idiots forum for jailbreaking" I should sign on to? I feel so lost because I dont even know what the basic terminology is..like...button bar...or toggle...but I want to learn!!! You are the best!

Ahhh...you gave up on me!! Anyone? I just want to know how to get this started!
    Last edited by Haylers18; 2007-11-14 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you cant erase it with xlaunch, just toggle visibility and you wont see them anymore thats what i did.