Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any help here?

Default Any help here?
    Hey all.. Here's my question. After much modding, restoring, upgrading, and whatnot, my phone is constantly crashing. Even after a restore, without any installer stuff on it...

Is there a way to completely wipe and restore the phones firmware, besides itunes? I'm finding that after a restore, if I install Apps again, some info is still on the phone. Like my IM stuff on Apollo, and stuff like that...

Any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

a restore doesn't wipe the phone completely, thats why the current jailbreaks work. if you need to clear certain app data you will need to do some searching with whatever sftp program you use or in mobile finder.

if your phone continues to crash bring it to the genius bar let them take a look at it. who knows, you may get a new replacment.

Thanks for the help...Seems the crashing was related to the wallpaper dim feature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SCMedic View Post
    Hey all.. Here's my question. After much modding, restoring, upgrading, and whatnot, my phone is constantly crashing. Even after a restore, without any installer stuff on it...

Is there a way to completely wipe and restore the phones firmware, besides itunes? I'm finding that after a restore, if I install Apps again, some info is still on the phone. Like my IM stuff on Apollo, and stuff like that...

Any suggestions?
    So you still had Summerboard on there? It would be a lot easier for people to help you if you gave the correct info!

I did give the correct info... I found the dim wallpaper info in another thread, after I'd gone through the restores and whatnot..