Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What To Do?

Default What To Do?
    I have been lucky enough to import an iPhone to the UK to use with T-mobile. Everything works as it should including youtube. The phone was obviously unlocked when purchased and has a firmware of 1.0.2. I have since asked how it was unlocled only to be told "performed a manual software unlock, the methods of which were comparable to the routine that the anySIM app goes through". The phone sync's with my mac perfectly. When I recieved the phone it had an RSBT icon which I have since made hidden by accident. The amount of information here is overwhelming and I have confused myself from what is best. My question/s is/are can I use App-tapp to install RSBT and other programs? is it worth me updating to 1.1.1 (will I get any benifits from it). And how can I do all of this with out turning my phone into a sleek looking door-stop. Or should I stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it' attitude.
    Cheers in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazittis View Post
    I have been lucky enough to import an iPhone to the UK to use with T-mobile. Everything works as it should including youtube. The phone was obviously unlocked when purchased and has a firmware of 1.0.2. I have since asked how it was unlocled only to be told "performed a manual software unlock, the methods of which were comparable to the routine that the anySIM app goes through". The phone sync's with my mac perfectly. When I recieved the phone it had an RSBT icon which I have since made hidden by accident. The amount of information here is overwhelming and I have confused myself from what is best. My question/s is/are can I use App-tapp to install RSBT and other programs? is it worth me updating to 1.1.1 (will I get any benifits from it). And how can I do all of this with out turning my phone into a sleek looking door-stop. Or should I stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it' attitude.
    Cheers in advance.
    If you hid the rBST program, it's already there, you just need to unhide it. Use AppTapp to install the Installer.app and loads of new programs will be available to you. Recommendations would be BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, MobileFinder, Voice Recorder, Customize, Books, WeDict, Services.app, and Summerboard if you want different themes.

Installing to 1.1.1 is now a breeze, lucky you didn't ask this question two weeks ago. The "benefits" are a matter of preference at this point. Does it improve the phone? No. Does it add features you may find useful? Sure. But things can always go wrong, so unless you like to get your hands dirty and do lots of fooling around with tweaks, leave things be.

Default All systems go!
    Cheers. I grew some nuts and went for the apptapp install. Everything went fine and I am currently playing supermario 3. I think i'll keep it at 1.0.2.

Updating to 1.1.1 and getting ringtones to work Sucks! but my NES still works!!!

so what you are saying is not to upgrade?

Yep no reason to update! But soon enough you will probably have to.