Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 300MB problem on 1.0.2

Default 300MB problem on 1.0.2
    Hi.

I am an iPhone newbie here. I bought an unlocked iPhone via internet and all I know is that it is 1.0.2. I accidentally clicked "Pre-1.1.1 Update" on Independence 1.2.5.

After this I knew from a friend that it is still impossible for iPhones that is unlocked by anySIM that is older than 1.1. I don't know whether my iPhone is unlocked by 1.1 or not so I stopped the process while iTunes is downloading the 1.1.1 firmware.

My iPhone is still functional but now I have only 300MB of space on my iPhone. I am still using 1.0.2 and I don't know how to solve this problem.

I searched almost everywhere on the internet and only found the solve for 1.1.1 but not 1.0.2.

Can anyone please help me? :'(
    Thanks a lot

Hi there,

I had the same problem with my 1.1.1 iPhone. However, independence has a special tool for this bug, so just google: independence 300mb. (I hope you have a mac, not a pc...)

Good luck!

sorry, didn't see you were using 1.0.2. Why don't you just upgrade to 1.1.1, unlock it and use the tool...

I too am having this problem with the 300mb limit on an iphone with 1.0.2. I was going to upgrade to 1.1.1 but itunes did not recognise it as a new phone like I think it should have done, so I cancelled that, reinstalled unlock.app and thought it was fixed. Until this problem with iTunes.

Please help, I'm out of my depth and have no idea what to do

Alistair

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

ssh in, var/root/media replace with var/root/media old

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Alistair1990 (2007-10-28)

I also had the 300mb problem, I went to change to var.root/media old but cyberduck came up with an error about the file not existing; it does this whenever I do anything in my iPhone. Now the root folder has a red stop sign next to it and the folder can no longer be opened.

What can I do?

Alistair

EDIT: reopened cyberduck and it worked just fine, I have now restored the 1.0.2 software and in the process of unlocking, thanks very much!
    Last edited by Alistair1990; 2007-10-28 at 01:11 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

if you're running os x,

http://independence.googlecode.com/f...00MBKiller.dmg

It's from independence, and it should do the trick.