Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wil 1.0.2 ever be left behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    ...And we can only hope these will be rectified on 1.1.2
    So you think that Apple will spend time making 1.1.2 work with carriers other than its partners?

What color is the sky where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovie View Post
    I think the single biggest reason for not upgrading is the lack of wifi. Correct me if I'm wrong but every single jailbreak method out needs a wifi connection to work. I don't have access to wifi at home nor do I want to go buy wifi equipment for the sole purpose of jailbreaking my phone.
    Do you have any friends with wifi?

There is a lot you can do on your phone with wifi and it seems silly to own a wifi device like the iPhone and not have it at home. Hell, pick up a refurb or used airport base station, even an old B device will work and I'd be surprised if it cost you more than $50. Small price to pay for the ability to store files, have ringtones, books and themes on your phone.
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 2007-10-23 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    So you think that Apple will spend time making 1.1.2 work with carriers other than its partners?

What color is the sky where you live?
    No, I don't think they will spend any thought on it. But these functions worked in 1.0.2 and if Apple is good at anything, it's fixing things they originally broke.

No, I don't think they will spend any thought on it. But these functions worked in 1.0.2 and if Apple is good at anything, it's fixing things they originally broke.
    Apple will make sure not to fix anything that will allow the phone to work with carriers other than its partners. Just because you could do something in 102 doesn't mean you will be able to do it in 112, apps that didnt work in 111 for example.

Apple is very good at fixing stuff they broke, but you're assuming they consider that it was broken and not intentional.

Thanks

Apple will make sure not to fix anything that will allow the phone to work with carriers other than its partners. Just because you could do something in 102 doesn't mean you will be able to do it in 112, apps that didnt work in 111 for example.

Apple is very good at fixing stuff they broke, but you're assuming they consider that it was broken and not intentional.
    Do you really think Apple is twirling its waxed mustache snickering to itself while it deliberately tries to break communications with Wireless companies that will be carrying the iPhone in a few short months? Grow up.

Do you really think Apple is twirling its waxed mustache snickering to itself while it deliberately tries to break communications with Wireless companies that will be carrying the iPhone in a few short months? Grow up.
    What part of "carriers other than its parrtners" didn't you get?

I, too, have been itchin' to take the plunge and update to 1.1.1. Perhaps after the release of Leopard will ultimately decide it for me...

Thanks

What part of "carriers other than its parrtners" didn't you get?
    That would be the part where I said "Wireless companies that will be carrying the iPhone in a few short months". Go play, I'm through with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12