Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions & Help (as usual)

Default Questions & Help (as usual)
    brand new iPod came in yesterday that i wanted to run T-Mobile with. 1.1.1 FW

somehow i was able (via Independance / Mac) unlock the iPhone and downgrade. from there, i bootcamped (into PC land) and used a program called iBricker to install AnySIM. it worked. i installed via iBricker - Installer 3.0, Customize and something called ToDo (hooray!). i even was able to get the T-Mobile web thing working using iBricker and some downloaded pref files.

so, i am currently running 1.0.2. should i stay here?

i still have NO IDEA what the heck JailBreak is (other than a program). can anyone answer that?

i understand that if it's not broke, don't fix it, but if 1.1.1 is better then should i attempt it?

thanks,
    tFT

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

My understanding is "jailbreak" is what makes it possble to write files to your Iphone. You did that with iNdependence. The actual "unlock" was done with Anysim. I have used three different ones, iUnlock and two versions of Anysim.
    As far as upgrading to 1.1.1 my advice is to hang around here and read and learn. When you get up the courage, through a better understanding of the process, go ahead and attempt the upgrade to 1.1.1. There are some good guides here and if you can wade through all of the posts, you'll find some very knowledgable and helpfull people.

If I

3. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

thefloriantrout (2007-10-21)