Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob with a few general questions (hacked 1.1.1)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Noob with a few general questions (hacked 1.1.1)
    Hi. Just wanted to say thanks for all the guides. With the help of this site, I've managed to get my iPhone to 1.1.1 with working youtube, iTMS, and everything else, including Installer. I haven't tried it yet, though, because I'm currently syncing it (I use my iPhone at work to play music, and I have work in a couple hours, so I want to be sure I have music for work ).

Anyway, I was just wondering if the pxl package apps still worked in 1.1.1? I liked having mobile AIM, dock, games, and other great stuff. I know installer works, but does everything else?

Also, how do I get ringtones on this thing now? I used to manually SSH them onto the phone, but the ringtone directory is no longer there.

Sorry if these have been asked before, but I did a quick "search" (just went back a few pages, really ) and didn't find answers.

Thanks guys.
    Matt

Thanks

You can use iNdependence and do it that way. Make sure they are in the correct format. Umm, I believe the AIM works. Dock works. Games I am unsure about. I actually did not do any gaming on my iPhone.

Enjoy the new Installer though.
    Chris 'cWanja' Wanja
    [email protected]
     Apple Genius - Retail
    Do not forget to "thank me" for helping!

Thanks

Thanks. I got mobilechat and it still works, so that's a relief. Customize, however, doesn't seem to work with 1.1.1. It goes to the flaming chicken screen (can't remember the name, lol) and then goes back to the springboard. Is there any way to customize the display order of the icons? I liked how easy it was to "hide" apps with customize.

Also, are there any hacks to allow the springboard to scroll up/down or left/right? I've run out of space for apps and as much as I like the dock, I'd like to be able to scroll for more apps. I had summerboard for 1.0.2, but apparently it doesn't work with 1.1.1, or needs some kind of workaround.

Ha, I did some reading on the forums and found that Customize does indeed work, you just need to reboot the phone after install. And apparently there's a built in scroll feature when you have enough apps. Hell yeah, I'm loving 1.1.1.

Matt
    Last edited by DarkoNova; 2007-10-20 at 08:36 PM.