Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: displayorder help

Default displayorder help
    hey guys. I just updated my phone and then jailbroke it. Added installer and I love it. But I installed customize.app and accidentally set the springboard icons to 0. Since I have yet to install dock, I cannot get back into customize. I have nothing on my springboard. How do i manually edit the displayorder.plist to show my apps again? Where is the plist located on the phone?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post
    hey guys. I just updated my phone and then jailbroke it. Added installer and I love it. But I installed customize.app and accidentally set the springboard icons to 0. Since I have yet to install dock, I cannot get back into customize. I have nothing on my springboard. How do i manually edit the displayorder.plist to show my apps again? Where is the plist located on the phone?

Thanks!
    There are three files that control DisplayOrder under 1.1.1, though I don't know exactly how they interact. There is redundant information between them, but I edited them to all match.

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/simulator.plist

I'm attaching the originals from the 1.1.1 iPhone, though they are all named <file>-orig.plist since I saved them off before changing them.

-Pie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
    There are three files that control DisplayOrder under 1.1.1, though I don't know exactly how they interact. There is redundant information between them, but I edited them to all match.

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/simulator.plist

I'm attaching the originals from the 1.1.1 iPhone, though they are all named <file>-orig.plist since I saved them off before changing them.

-Pie

iPhone = M68AP.plist
    iPod Touch = N45AP.plist