Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crashes? and Corruption?

Exclamation Crashes? and Corruption?
    I have a 1.1.1 modded phone never been unlocked. I used the INdependence method (1.2.3) Every thing was working fine (mostly, I have been having a hadr time getting into ssh using fugu or cyberduck, it could be I am in a hotel using wifi I dont know) Other than that everything was working great except today I started having crashes on my phone. With both the apple native apps and dowloaded 3rd party apps. the app may crash 3 or 4 times then work fine. I have restarted several times and it still happens. Has anyone else had this problem? any recomendations or thoughts?

Or do I have to restore and start all over again?

Thanks in Advance.

I had the same problem. Everytime i opened a app (apple or 3rd party) it crashed.

Programs i had installed:
    Installer
    Customize
    summerboard (alpha version)
    Sudoku

I couldnt figure out what was wrong so i just restored. Im going to wait to rejailbreak and install apps till there are more updates. If you figure out anything let me know

similar things happened to me, after unlocking 1.1.1. the shutting down and reboot started to take a very very long time, then it won't even display anything than the silver apple logo (but itunes could read, sync and ssh works.. weird)

What i did was restored the 1.1.1 -> back to deactivated & jailed but unlocked
    used iNdependence to downgrade to 1.0.2 and re-activate it
    (Remember, don't update it back to 1.1.1 because it's not a virgin anymore!!!)

Now back to 1.0.2, everything works great, 3rd party running
    and waiting for a revirginizer for us OSX

goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by modat View Post
    I had the same problem. Everytime i opened a app (apple or 3rd party) it crashed.

Programs i had installed:
    Installer
    Customize
    summerboard (alpha version)
    Sudoku

I couldnt figure out what was wrong so i just restored. Im going to wait to rejailbreak and install apps till there are more updates. If you figure out anything let me know
    Modat, I noticed that you were running Summerboard and Customize. I have had similar issues running v1.1.1 firmware and read in another posting that Summerboard may have a bug in it that when running the the "dim wallpaper", applications have a tendency to crash. I have turned mine off and so far, knock on wood, I have not had an app crash.

i was playing around with the installer updated summerboard and then apps wouldnt load i resterted my phone took its bloody time then restarted it again and now im stuck at apple logo i posted for help in the iphones forum, is there a guide on how to downgrade from 1.1.1 and get it unlocked again and back to 1.1.1? im such a n00b when it comes to apple.... thanks if u can help.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick.springer View Post
    Modat, I noticed that you were running Summerboard and Customize. I have had similar issues running v1.1.1 firmware and read in another posting that Summerboard may have a bug in it that when running the the "dim wallpaper", applications have a tendency to crash. I have turned mine off and so far, knock on wood, I have not had an app crash.
    I just had the same. Crash after crash with the background dimmed. Now, without the dimmed background running smooth! Whenever it crashes again, i will post!

Thanks for the sharp observation!

Map