Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Upgrading to 1.1.1

Default Question about Upgrading to 1.1.1
    I tried searching but didn't find an exact answer to this. I'm a little confused by all the different terms used with unlocking, jailbreak, unshackel etc. I followed these instructions to "unlock" my phone 1.0.2

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1

Now the "Dev Team Jailbreak 1.1.1 OSX" states that if I unlocked my phone with iunlock or anysim that i should not follow the instructions.

My question is, did the wiki that I followed above use iunlock? i know I used an unlock.app but i'm not sure what the difference between iunlock is.

Also, if this is the case, what are my options? Can I just restore to 1.0.2 and the follow the Dev Team instructions?

Thanks for your help.

anyone?
    Last edited by eazyc10; 2007-10-18 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have upgraded / downgraded my phone numerous times without any problems. However, my phone is not unlocked.

Everything that I have read warns not to upgrade to 1.1.1 if you have unlocked. Doing a restore back to 1.0.2 doesn't undo your unlocking.

You need to investigate this very well before upgrading to 1.1.1.

Does anyone else have an answer? I followed the instructions in the link above and am unsure if this means it is "unlocked" or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eazyc10 View Post
    Does anyone else have an answer? I followed the instructions in the link above and am unsure if this means it is "unlocked" or not.
    If you unlock it, you can use a sim from TMO or an overseas carrier, you are not stuck w/just ATT.

If you jailbreak or unshackle, you can install programs, but you are still locked to ATT.

Hope that helped.

OK i think i understand now. Although I am with AT&T it appears I unlocked it as well. And currently there is no upgrade path to 1.1.1 if you unlocked it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eazyc10 View Post
    OK i think i understand now. Although I am with AT&T it appears I unlocked it as well. And currently there is no upgrade path to 1.1.1 if you unlocked it?
    Yes, there's a link, click on the Home page and you'll see Virginize your phone. (fix the nvram and secpack)