Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why upgrade to 1.1.1?

Default Why upgrade to 1.1.1?
    The search doesn't work for me on these forums.. it always says I have less than 3 words when I don't... so I can't find this answer anywhere.

My question is why should I upgrade to 1.1.1? Aren't I just downgrading the baseband to 1.0.2? So do I not get the added increased volume fix of 1.1.1?

Do I get to install applications on 1.1.1 like I can with 1.0.2?

And what do I LOSE if I upgrade to 1.1.1?

So basically, WHY UPGRADE to 1.1.1? And why not?

Thanks so much!

Charles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chazzzzy View Post
    My question is why should I upgrade to 1.1.1? Aren't I just downgrading the baseband to 1.0.2? So do I not get the added increased volume fix of 1.1.1?
    i dont get what you mean... but i would say for you stay at 1.0.2, upgrading to 1.1.1 and putting applications back on may be a little to complicated for you
    Do I get to install applications on 1.1.1 like I can with 1.0.2?
    yes
    And what do I LOSE if I upgrade to 1.1.1?
    nothing
    So basically, WHY UPGRADE to 1.1.1? And why not?
    Why: you can do everything you could on 1.0.2 plus more
    Why not: the jailbreak process would probably be pretty difficult for you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You get a lot in 1.1.1. All of the Apple included goodies that come with 1.1.1 plus the ability to do what you are doing with 1.0.2. You just need to confirm the apps that you like have ported over to 1.1.1

It is a simple process with iNdependence, as long as you use iPSF back at 1.0.2

Thanks guys.. quick question. I DID unlock the phone in 1.0.2 and bricked it with the upgrade (actually the unlock gave me an error, so I thought I had not unlocked it, but obviously I had). anyway.. I have downgraded to 1.0.2.. if I did the virginization of the phone, will that allow me do the unlock in 1.1.1? Or that "virginization" doesn't work for previously bricked iphones?

Why update?

Simple, it's the current firmware. it has all the newest fixes and features.

Do I need them all? Probably not.

But I didn't spend $500 on a high end phone to shackle it to a firmware that is little above a beta version. If I wanted a crippled phone I'd have stayed with Verizon
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette