Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with space, not the 300MB one.

Default Problem with space, not the 300MB one.
    I just did the upgrade/jailbreak to 1.1.1. It went off without a hitch, I have my full space back, and now I have my apps installed.

The problem I am having is the space apps are taking up. Back when I had 1.0.2 and I went into apptapp it said I have 102.1MB left of space, with colloquy, mines, apollo, BSD subsystem, community sources, summerboard and a few others installed.
    Now though, with those same apps installed it says I only have 44.7MB ( or so) left. And in iTunes it says I have 225.9MB taken up by "other", now I've searched but I can't seem to find out if this is from the jailbreaking process or if something else happened.
    Anyone else run into this?

Thank you.

Hello all,

Also, can you please tell me how to move all the applications into media area in order to increase the space for the OS.

Thanks,

There is a wiki page on how to do this in the iphone elite wiki
    basically using ssh you move your application directory to the /private/var then you create a symlink where your application directory was to point to the moved one

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    There is a wiki page on how to do this in the iphone elite wiki
    basically using ssh you move your application directory to the /private/var then you create a symlink where your application directory was to point to the moved one
    i tried this method and it says i don't have permissions to move the Applications directory into the /private/var directory. yes, it is jailbroken(otherwise i couldn't use ssh) and everything else is working fine. i can move it into the /private directory but that doesn't solve the memory problem. any ideas?
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Hello,

I don't kn0w much about Mac/Linux. Can you please let me have some command lines that show how to do that.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn_T View Post
    Hello,

I don't kn0w much about Mac/Linux. Can you please let me have some command lines that show how to do that.

Thank you very much.
    this is a link to the guide the person above me was referring to:
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/MoveApps

it shows how to do it. and apparently it works for some people. didn't for me...i'm trying to figure out the permissions thing but i don't understand why it won't let me move the Applications directory to the /private/var directory...it says that the "mv" command does not have proper permissions or something to that effect.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rianbattle For This Useful Post:

jwaschbisch (2007-10-18), Kaitlyn_T (2007-10-18)

Thank you so much.