Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtones need authorization in 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ringtones need authorization in 1.1.1
    Ok so i tried grabbing a Ringtone off the phone, in this case i grabbed Bell Tower.m4r and then renamed it to m4a to play it and i couldn't open in vlc or quicktime so i opened in iTunes and this is what i get....

We need to figure it out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

so now i opened in text edit but dont really know what this means i've hightlighted the parts i think are important

udta¬meta"hdlrmdirapplailst"©namdata Bell Towercpildatatmpodata6©too.dataiTunes v6.0.5, QuickTime 7.1.2¢----meancom.apple.iTunesnameiTunNORMjdata 000003A1 00000312 0000100F 000010F0 0000074D 00000DF2 0000403F 00003DD2 0000074D 000016E3,©alb$dataiPhone 1.0 Ringtones3freefreeLåmdat
    Last edited by xfsasx; 2007-10-16 at 08:15 PM.

THIS METHOD works for me and 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    THIS METHOD works for me and 1.1.1
    So after you use this method do you have both the .m4r and .m4a files on your phone? I realize that only one of them shows up in the "Assign Ringtone" section of contacts....... or in the iPhones Settings...... but I'm curious if both files ended up on your iPhone anyway.

I'm still on 1.0.1 and I'm waiting to go to 1.1.1 until the ringtone problem is worked out. I think I can help if I can get info/files from people on this forum.

Could you or someone post the contents of the following file:

/private/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/Ringtones.plist

I need three posts of the contents of this file.
    1) Before adding a new ringtone
    2) After syncing the ringtone to your phone using the rename to .m4r hack.
    3) After syncing the ringtone to your phone using the MakeiPhoneRingTone program to have the .m4a show up in iTunes.

There is another thread that shows how to do this using a "spoof" file..... but I'm sure that MakeiPhoneRingTone doesn't do this (because you sync the ringtone directly using iTunes and not any other files using scp).

I want to figure this out and put together a simple user interface so adding ringtones is easy (think free version of MakeiPhoneRingTone). This may mean that I'll also need copies of ringtones that work and also ones that show up but make no sound when trying to play them on the iPhone.

So....... hook me up guys and I'll come up with a solution that's easy for all of us (I hope)