Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: invalid sim error

Default invalid sim error
    Unlocked my friends 1.0.2 iphone using indepedence + apptap + unlock method and had her phone on rogers. Gave her back the phone, she took it home and updated the iphone to 1.1.1 (yes I warned her).

Got the phone again and followed the modmyi guide to revert back to version 1.0.2. Repeated the unlock process and everything went well.

When I finished the unlock I had an invalid sim error. I tried using her sim, the original AT&T sim, and my own sim with the same result.

I then repeated the restore process and now have the phone as an unactivated 1.0.2 iphone and am still getting the invalid sim error regardless of the sim I use.

Please help!

I have a similar problem. Downgrade from 1.1.1 and downgrade the baseband and then unlock. Everything works. Some how I need to restore to the factory mode and unlock again. Now I get an invalid SIM error

Thanks

What I did when this happened to me was deactivate the phone (using iNdependence) then put my new SIM in and reactivated the phone (using iNdependence). Worked like a charm.

Thanks Eurisko,

I'm going to give your method a try, I'm just wondering how far along in the unlock process were you when you deactivated and reactivated your iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbudgell View Post
    Thanks Eurisko,

I'm going to give your method a try, I'm just wondering how far along in the unlock process were you when you deactivated and reactivated your iphone.
    After is was all done and I put my Rogers SIM in.

Gave that a try with no luck, any thoughts on the new 'downbase' program, I'm worried to use it because I've already unlocked my phone using unlock.app

Quote Originally Posted by kbudgell View Post
    Gave that a try with no luck, any thoughts on the new 'downbase' program, I'm worried to use it because I've already unlocked my phone using unlock.app
    I had the exact same problem you're having but was able to get my phone back up and running on 1.0.2.

Follow the guide here and you should be fine (but DON'T try going back to 1.1.1 unless you use the iPhone Sim Free service instead of AnySim on the 1.0.2 unlock (after FW and BB downgrade) OR until the dev team comes out with a "virginizer," which will allow you to upgrade to 1.1.1 and re-unlock).

I can't vouch for the baseband downgrade app. on the main page of this site as I haven't used it, but I CAN say that the walkthrough I linked above works just fine to un-brick your phone.

Hello, Somebody please help me, I have the same problem, i unlocked the iphone using Mac OS X, closely and carefully following the steps 1 to 17 from here ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ), well my problem is that the iPhone only accepts the SIM used during activation, when i trying to change to antoher sim card i have this message from the iphone" incorret sim please connect to itunes to reactivate iphone ", how can i resolve this problem because i need the iphone working with many sim cards not just one

I'm having the same problem, there was a post earlier, and said something to do with using lockdown. Anyone know how to use it?

i have two phones now that say this, when i unlock it says that everything worked fine but when i insert my t-mobile sim card it says invalid not approved sim. any help

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Did u change the lock down file in usr/libexec before you unlocked your phone....

if your recieving the invalid sim error restore 1.0.2 and reflash or downgrade your baseband if youve upgraded to 1.1.1 and itll relock your phone to at&t activation screen then follow the unlock steps again and you should be alright.....
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

i didnt change the lockdown file, i just put it in usr/libexec like i've done before. what do i need to do to it? and its still in 1.0.2. for some reason i cant get cyberduck to connect to access the files

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

ok for all that have had 1.0.2 and upgraded to 1.1.1 and bricked their iphone when u downgrade it back down to 1.0.2 you MUST down grade your baseband as well....... then you proceed to reunlock it........
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

try to install anysim via independence. and it should be ok=). at once that incorrect sim card made me paranoid. but just install anysim specifically 1.1.1 if u are using 1.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i did the downgrade of my baseband.. but, when i go to restore it back to my default numbers and stuff iTunes says IMEI is incorrect cannot contact iphone..