Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installed SSH AND BSD world (NOW WHAT!!!!!)

Default installed SSH AND BSD world (NOW WHAT!!!!!)
    man i got this far from the help of chevyridah2007 he helped me out alot!! thanks to him im this far!! but he only nows windows and i need someone who know mac to get me further!! i need some help getting 3 party apps on my 1.1.1 like apptapp and whatever else!! if anyone can help me please let me know! murdercityfite is my yahoo ID and same for AIM
    thanks
    3.0 3g *******

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    man i got this far from the help of chevyridah2007 he helped me out alot!! thanks to him im this far!! but he only nows windows and i need someone who know mac to get me further!! i need some help getting 3 party apps on my 1.1.1 like apptapp and whatever else!! if anyone can help me please let me know! murdercityfite is my yahoo ID and same for AIM
    thanks
    Step 1. on your mac find where you have the apptapp installer (do not run it) you should have it sitting around from when you downloaded it at the beginning of this process.

Step 2. RIGHT CLICK on apptapp installer (the actual program not the zip file) if you don't use a two button mouse on your mac press and hold ctrl and then click it

Step 3. A menu will pop up from that menu choose "show package contents" in the finder window that pops up go into the "Contents" folder and then into the "Resources" folder.

Step 4. In the resources folder you should see a file called "Installer.app" or depending it may just say "Installer" without the .app extension (the extension is there finder just isn't showing it to you)

Step 5. move or copy (doesn't matter which) the Installer.app file to your desktop (this is just for convenience)

Step 6. Open terminal

Step 7. in terminal type the following commands:
    cd ~/Desktop
    scp -r Installer.app root@<iphone IP>:/Applications

Step 8. It takes a while (30 seconds to a minute) but eventually it will connect and ask you for your root password which is "alpine"

Step 9. Once you type in the password it will copy files to your iPhone

Step 10. now ssh back into your iPhone with the following command:
    ssh -l root <iphone IP>

Step 11. once you connect (again using "alpine" as the password) unlock the iphone screen with the home key then the slider

Step 12. with the screen unlocked type the following into your terminal on your mac which is still connected to the iPhone:
    /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

Step 13. Installer should be running on your iPhone now. Just ignore the terminal on your mac for the time being a bunch of stuff will scroll by

Step 14. On the iPhone in installer Find "Trip1PogoStick" and install it

Step 15. On the iPhone in installer find "BSD Subsystem" and install it, this takes a little while let it finish.

Step 16. Go back to your terminal window and press ctrl-c. Installer will quite on the iPhone

Step 17. Reboot your iphone

Step 18. Hey looky there installer is in place!

thanks ALOT!!!!!

when connected to itunes it still says 300mb!!!!
    Last edited by mikef; 2007-10-15 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    3.0 3g *******