Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cannot get to firmware restore screen

Default cannot get to firmware restore screen
    i was following instructions. the phone out of the box has 1.0.2 so i skipped to part 2, iNdependence told me the phone had never been connected to itunes. I tried to go back and reinstall 1.0.2 but I cannot now get to the firmware restore screen (with the yellow triangle). no amount of holding home and the sleep button will get me there. suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
    i was following instructions. the phone out of the box has 1.0.2 so i skipped to part 2, iNdependence told me the phone had never been connected to itunes. I tried to go back and reinstall 1.0.2 but I cannot now get to the firmware restore screen (with the yellow triangle). no amount of holding home and the sleep button will get me there. suggestions?
    Why do you have to?

All you needed to do was connect it to iTunes once - have it tell you it needed to be activated, then go back to iNdependance to activate it

My guess is that you're going into DFU restore mode - which is a different type of restore. You won't see the restore screen (Triangle or otherwise) that way

If you havent unlocked yet just either use iBrickr or Apptapp and set up the phone that way then restart the process
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette