Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneSimFree Issue - "already unlocked"

Default iPhoneSimFree Issue - "already unlocked"
    I was one of the ones who accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1 and was unable to unlock my phone functionality.

I then bought iPhoneSimFree a couple days ago and successfully unlocked my phone and everything was working fine.

For some reason, likely due to third party applications, my phone froze.

I then went about to restore the phone and re-unlock it using iPhoneSimFree.

The program said I was "already unlocked" BUT then the iPhone said "invalid SIM".

To restore the phone I had to take out my SIM card...could that have messed up something with the iPhoneSimFree software or servers on the back end?

Please advise...thanks!

I put this thread in the wrong forum...my bad. If a mod could move it to the Unlocking / Activation forum I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by trentblue; 2007-10-14 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Invalid Sim may mean your lockdownd file has some problem. just re-activate it using iASign and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
    Invalid Sim may mean your lockdownd file has some problem. just re-activate it using iASign and you will be fine
    Pretty much turned out to be the case...I just ran independence w/ my new sim card in the phone and it straightened everything out.

WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by trentblue View Post
    Pretty much turned out to be the case...I just ran independence w/ my new sim card in the phone and it straightened everything out.

WOOT!
    Just wanted to pop in and highly recommend this product again. My phone is still working perfectly and the ISF is super easy to use...which THIS still looks tricky and dangerous. $60 well spent...plus it comes w/ any future updates.

ALSO - I should note that I am a Canadian iPhone user in Ottawa on the Rogers network.