Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there any way to boot into windows without restarting the computer?

Default Is there any way to boot into windows without restarting the computer?
    Hey people, I was wondering if I installed windows on my mac using Bootcamp, if there was any way I could use windows without rebooting the whole computer. And I don't mean Parallels Desktop, or VMWare Fusion or any virtualization method. I mean completely booting the windows operating system, much like you would if you were to restart and boot through bootcamp, except without the whole restarting part.

Think there is any way to do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Nope, sorry it is not possible. Parallels works quiet well at loading it in virtualization from the part you have in bootcamp though.

You can only really have one OS loaded at a time so I don't see a way of doing it without a virtualization utility.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-28 at 02:19 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

It's impossible to do that. The only to do that is through virtualization.Be warned, however, that virtual machines penalize your performance.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

isn't that the whole point of those apps you mentioned? to boot windows without restarting...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You are creating a virtual windows not booting into it

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Virtualization nowadays is pretty awesome. I run XP Pro virtually inside of Windows 7 with no penalties. Everything works great and it has zero lag.

Thumbs up How I do it
    I went from PC (windows 7) to Mac then realized that i needed to use Windows for certain things and didnt want to have to use both at the same time mainly because it was inpossible when I was not at home. My mac being a macbook pro and my windows machine a desktop.
    What you need is at least 4gb ram and a software program called parallels (proabably i didnt spell it correctly but a google search should do it for ya).If you have a rapidshare account inbox me and ill send you links to it. or use a torrent site if you know of a trusted one.
    What it does is run a virtual windows inside mac without having to boot out of the mac OS. You can even drag folders from the mac desktop to the pc and visa versa. it is simply brilliant. you can run both OS side by side full screen and switch repeatedly between the two without any lag or wait.

hope this helps click thanks if it did

just because it's rapidshare doesn't mean it is pirated!! ever hear of trial versions?
    Last edited by ryantcb; 2010-07-22 at 04:47 PM. Reason: no pirated software

Lol pm for links to rapid share or torrents lmao? Dude u just pirated software which is against the rules lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to metaljay For This Useful Post:

ryantcb (2010-07-22)

Thanks

Talk about cracked apps/warez/piracy is not allowed. Please do not ask for links or torrents to paid programs.

Anyone that posts links will get an infraction.

Parallels is well worth the money. It works great. If you pay attention you can catch it on sale on macupdate. I got mine with a bundle of several other programs that cost 40$ total for the whole package.

Thanks

Nice deal.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Nice deal.
    It was great. I got Parallels, which is 75$, and about 8 different other apps. I only use 2 of those on a regular basis but I got the package just because I saved 35$ on parallels alone.