Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Macbook Confidential

Thanks

Default Macbook Confidential
    No warning, no preparatons when my Macbook gets 24-20-10% there are no warnings like I got on my Powerbook and ibook. Oh yes it still turns red but no box telling me its going to run on reserve power and shut down. Is this normal? Is this a malfunction? or a setting unchecked please.... help please help.....

Thanks

What version of OSX are you running? My Macbook gives the reserve power warning, I don't get any earlier warnings though. I am relatively new to Mac's myself and usually run my macbook on ac power. A quick search on Google led me to believe that your batter my be losing some of its capacity. In othe rwords a full charge isnt really a full charge and OSX doenst know that. So OSX may think you have 20% left but you really dont. You can try resetting the power management controller.

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
    2. Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the computer's battery.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
    4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
    5. Press the power button to restart the computer

Thanks

I'm running Leopard 10.5.6

Thanks

Try the power management reset I outlined in my previous post and see if that helps.

ya it only shows a warning when its at like 10 min left

Thanks

One more question-On my Powerbook 17" when I watch a movie or dvd and fall asleep while the movies plays and finishes and wake up the next morning the sleep light has a faint blink and when I plug in the power cord it turns on without me pressing the power buttton. Isn't the macbook suppose to do the same thing? Should the macbook cut off but stay in low level sleep mode untili plug the charger on instead of me pressing the power button?

yes it should

it sounds like there is somthing wierd going on with your macbook

check the energy saver area

Thanks

ok, basically I am saying I should never have to turn the macbook on unless i removed the battery and pressed the button. My ibook and powerbook stay on 24/7 for the last 7 months and I charge them when i check on them but battery life and use doesn't matter I have not touched the powerbook power button at least 4 months ago when i got a battery installed from apple. maybe the reset has helped but i will know by tomorrow I got thru a 2 hour movie so i know the battery is good

Its working!!! Resetting the battery management worked. It got to 24% and turned red and I left it open the came back and the screen was black but the sleep light was still blinking. I pressed the space bar nothing which was great then i pulled my magsafe and the screen came on without me having to touch the power button. problem solved
    Last edited by mikerlx; 2009-03-03 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    ok, basically I am saying I should never have to turn the macbook on unless i removed the battery and pressed the button. My ibook and powerbook stay on 24/7 for the last 7 months and I charge them when i check on them but battery life and use doesn't matter I have not touched the powerbook power button at least 4 months ago when i got a battery installed from apple. maybe the reset has helped but i will know by tomorrow I got thru a 2 hour movie so i know the battery is good

Its working!!! Resetting the battery management worked. It got to 24% and turned red and I left it open the came back and the screen was black but the sleep light was still blinking. I pressed the space bar nothing which was great then i pulled my magsafe and the screen came on without me having to touch the power button. problem solved
    You're welcome!

Thanks

I purchased a non-oem magsafe charger for the macbook and it turned orange then stayed orange after i unplugged it then settled to light green while unplugged. Strange thing is I woke up this morning and my macbook was completely dead. I was at about 65% after I unplugged and fell asleep. My question is how long after it goes to sleep will it stay in sleep once the battery has gone in reserve?