Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hdd to sshd (hybrid drive)

Default hdd to sshd (hybrid drive)
    Im planning on buying a new macbook pro 13 inch non retina display because i want the cd drive... And i wanted to know what works better, super duper or something else ? Would i just use that to clone my drive and then switch them ? Im planning to use a seagate 7200rpm 1tb sshd and upgrading from the regular 500gb hdd. I looked on ifixit for the tutorial and other than the hard drive and the wire need for the transfer is there anything else i should be looking at ? forgot to mention that i have a macbook pro 2009 model right now and my 320gb regular hard drive is almost full. any feedback or help is appreciated.

Thanks

You can use Apple Disk Utility. You can either connect your two Macs via Target Mode or put your old drive into an external USB drive and connect it to your new Mac. You'll need to boot off another volume to use either of these methods.

1. Select your new volume (indented) and click on the "Restore" tab.
    2. Drag your old volume to the Source field.
    3. Drag your new hard drive to the Destination field.
    4. Click the check box for "Erasing Destination".
    5. Click restore at the bottom and it then will start copying over to your new hard drive.
    From: Newer Technology® : Cloning Your Data to A New Hard Drive in Mac OSX

Run Disk Utility repairs on the old drive first. If you have DiskWarrior or TechTools, run directory repairs on the old drive.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!