Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows on mac... need help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Windows on mac... need help
    I bought a game (Age of empires 3) and it turns out to be all .bin/ .cue/ .exe files is there an app that can play them on mac or is my only hope Boot camp?

Im just scared of boot camp cuz i heared that it might mess up ur mac if u do something by accident

Any other suggestions? And im 12 I cant go ask my parents to buy me Toast D:

Oh and another thing is im in Syria which there is no Apple store to fix my mac if it gets messed up, but there are electronics stores all over the place but im not sure if they heard of a Mac before :P

Remember i need to open .exe files run AOE and make it work.

I copied it on my Windows, its easy I just double click it and it opens setup, I want to be able to do that on my Mac

Or is there a way I can Burn them? there are 3 CD folders

CD1 folder .bin + .cue
    CD2 folder .bin + .cue
    CD3 folder .bin + .cue
    Please press the Thanks button if I ever helped, you'd be helping me

Thanks

If you do something wrong during the Windows installation, then it can mess up your Mac such as deleting Mac OS X.

Here's how to install Windows properly:
    1. Go to Applications>Utilities>Boot Camp Assistant
    2. Create a Windows partition of any size with it.
    3. You will automatically restart to Windows so make sure that the installer disc in in the drive before it restarts.
    4. When given a list of partitions, select C: <BOOTCAMP> [FAT32] and press Enter
    5. Choose any file system option except for "Leave the current file system intact <no change> or it will not install properly

Then the rest of the setup is user configurations. After the installation, insert your Mac OS X Installer Disc to install Boot Camp drivers.

Then install your game. You can print out instructions for Boot Camp Assistant.

You can use Parallels or VMware (virtual machines) to install Windows, but virtual machines affect your performance negatively. You can also use Crossover Games for Mac without needing to install Windows, but since it uses WINE, it has bad compatibly and likely to crash, but runs naively and runs DirectX 8. They also cost money.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Isn't there a OSX version of AoE?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

I think there is one...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    If you do something wrong during the Windows installation, then it can mess up your Mac such as deleting Mac OS X.

Here's how to install Windows properly:
    1. Go to Applications>Utilities>Boot Camp Assistant
    2. Create a Windows partition of any size with it.
    3. You will automatically restart to Windows so make sure that the installer disc in in the drive before it restarts.
    4. When given a list of partitions, select C: <BOOTCAMP> [FAT32] and press Enter
    5. Choose any file system option except for "Leave the current file system intact <no change> or it will not install properly

Then the rest of the setup is user configurations. After the installation, insert your Mac OS X Installer Disc to install Boot Camp drivers.

Then install your game. You can print out instructions for Boot Camp Assistant.

You can use Parallels or VMware (virtual machines) to install Windows, but virtual machines affect your performance negatively. You can also use Crossover Games for Mac without needing to install Windows, but since it uses WINE, it has bad compatibly and likely to crash, but runs naively and runs DirectX 8. They also cost money.
    Thanks man, Okay so I understood from 1 to 3 but then number 4 and over gets kind of confusing, cuz I dunno whats a pariition
    And number 5 what kind of options will it give me? I can choose any option other than the one you stated

Oh and BTW I have a Windows 7 Ultimate, that works right?
    I forgot to mention that the file I downloaded was .iso, I thought .iso was for mac cause we can open it but then it turns out to be .exe files inside it.

For Cer0 here check this:
    GameRanger - Supported Games

Put Mac or cross platform, all those games are supported for mac

and cross platform can play PC and Mac online such as COD 2
    Gameranger is really good but there is one problem is that some people can't host as you need to do port forwarding but there are a couple of people that can host, but they take advantage of that, so if you say one word to them they kick you lol. I play C&C generals and AoE2
    Last edited by robben10; 2010-09-11 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robben10 View Post
    Thanks man, Okay so I understood from 1 to 3 but then number 4 and over gets kind of confusing, cuz I dunno whats a pariition
    And number 5 what kind of options will it give me? I can choose any option other than the one you stated

Oh and BTW I have a Windows 7 Ultimate, that works right?
    I forgot to mention that the file I downloaded was .iso, I thought .iso was for mac cause we can open it but then it turns out to be .exe files inside it.

For Cer0 here check this:
    GameRanger - Supported Games

Put Mac or cross platform, all those games are supported for mac

and cross platform can play PC and Mac online such as COD 2
    Gameranger is really good but there is one problem is that some people can't host as you need to do port forwarding but there are a couple of people that can host, but they take advantage of that, so if you say one word to them they kick you lol. I play C&C generals and AoE2
    You pirated it?

Here are instructions:
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...Setup_10.6.pdf

Thanks

Meh, well yeah cause after i bought it, it was .bin and .cue crap so I thought of downloading, so now i have 2 AoE sitting on my desktop doing nothing.

Man here in my country they no nothing of Mac's i need step by step help, I went to like 3 stores and they know about mac but they dont sell it or any of its accessories, I asked the guy where I can find a store that sells it, he said it will be very hard they only know about windows, nothing about the rest D:

Hey do i have to back up??? my external drive is full I dont wanna erase stuff on it D:

would CD'S work? I think I have some that are blank
    Last edited by robben10; 2010-09-11 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Discussion of warez isn't allowed.

Anyway, yes, you can use CDs as backup.

Thanks

yeah i know thats why im talking about AoE 3 Asian dynasties the one that I bought, but there is a problem that... haha lol everything from Syria is [email protected], u wont ever find a real CD so what am I suppose to do? Im not gonna go to the end of Syria to find a real CD just to talk about it here. I don't even think they sell a real version of anything. here if you look in all stores they have all the CD's fake ones 50 lera which is like 1 dollar and you buy it, sorry not my fault they don't sell real CD's D:
    I think the only CD's I saw real was in the Mall for PS3 and Xbox, but there like 70 dollars man, so you either buy 70$ CD or get the 1$ CD, which one would you think my parents will buy me?

How can I back up on CD's can you give me steps? I didnt find it in the PDF you gave me

And im talking about Boot camp in general, Im just telling you what I want to run on it (Games)

Thanks

Look at post #6

You just drag the files to the CD to back them up.

Thanks

I saw a youtube video, I got everything -- well almost everything, Before the end of the setup you need a product key, I have a windows 7 ultimate that I bought but I think my sister used it to upgrade her windows vista to windows 7 so how can I get a product key? Do I have to go buy another CD or will the one I have work?

And also my other sister bought windows 7 and it came with a CD called Product recovery would that work??? I put it in my Mac but it doesnt seem to read it... My friend told me to try if it has the product key in it, he said that if you cancel while in the product key area nothing will happen to your mac, is that true?

Thanks

If you own Windows 7 by CD, then the product key will still work. It has infinite uses as long as if it is legitimate. Make sure that you have the full version instead of the upgrade version as the upgrade version only works if you have a qualifying Windows version (XP or Vista for 7 upgrade). If you have upgrade version, then you must first install Vista then upgrade to 7.

I haven't tried Windows 7 although my dad has it (might get a PC upgrade). I don't see why Product Recovery wouldn't be read by Macs unless if it is in a NTFS format. My Mac can read Windows installation discs. By canceling your product key, you'll enter in a trial version of Windows, but I'm not sure. Canceling it wouldn't do anything to Mac harmful.

Your dealing with ISO files then likely a specific program was used to create it. Also even if copied some games, etc. Willbe prevented from being altered especially multi disk games. Just saying.