Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is a good MBP forum ?

Default What is a good MBP forum ?
    Hey guys. I love modmyi for my iphone stuff... but i just picked up a macbook and i need some advice on beating apple care and checking to see if there is any water damage... could anyone recommend me to a good mac book pro forum with a similar mentality and crowd to what we have here?

I know for a fact that this computer has never gotten wet and I need to take it apart and confirm this before I take it into apple

thanks!!!
    Last edited by vr44; 2010-03-17 at 03:08 AM.

I could recommend some with similiar mentality as our forum, however our forum is honest and what your asking is to cheat Apple Care, so I guess that wouldnt help you.

Great Point! I should emphasize that this computer never got wet, I just do not want to get tripped up in b.s. before they replace the thing. I am having issues with my trackpad.

Any recommendations for a forum?

Well, if you know for a fact it doesnt have water damage, then I recommend not messing with it, cause if they can tell you opened it the warranty is void. And they can go as far as taking a UV light to check for fingerprints, no joke.

Anyways, there are several, here are a few big ones:

mac-forums
    macrumors
    discussions.apple.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

CPJR - thanks for the insights. But none of those forums have the same "hacker" appeal of modmyi... I do not know how else to describe it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Ok...didnt want to do this but you leave me no choice....

hackintosh.org

Im not real sure of any other decent Mac sites off hand....