Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to buy a Mac, need help

Smile Want to buy a Mac, need help
    ok, firstly i couldnt find a suitable place for the thread, so if a mod would move it id be greatful.

ive been wanting to buy a mac for agggess, but never had the money really (hence having a hackintosh), but now i can afford a good one, im not sure which one to get.

Theres an apple event on 9th september which COULD announce new macbook pro things.

Should i wait till then? and then buy a macbookpro?

also im not sure which i want.

i want a 15inch mBP, which is future proof.

i have no clue what all the processor specs do (e.g do i want 2.8 GHZ?, 2.44? or 3.02? whats the difference for like 400)

and is 4GB ram enough for a modern laptop, my pc has 4GB and thats slow now after a year.

any help please

MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.K.)

any of the 15" models

Like A Boss

Thanks

Its probably getting close to a month ago now, when i bought my MacBook Pro (June 2009 model obviously). Coming from windows, I couldn't be happier. You wont regret a MacBook Pro . I got the 2.8Ghz model with 4GB RAM and it has no problem using cs4 programs etc, or gaming via xp!

Thanks, do do u think there will b anything new from this sept 9th conference?
    Im nt sure which processor to get, 3.02? Or 2.8? Or 2.66?

Like A Boss

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I dont think you will see anything new for the macbook pros on September 9th. Double check this but if you have an Apple Store near you, I think anything you buy has a 14 day return policy. 4GB of ram is plenty for most applications. When you get it post some photos of the beast! Congrats!

Most people should be just fine with the 2.53. No need to pay for speed you'll barely notice. Besides the GMA 950 in my Macbook that makes HD videos a drag.. my Macbook 2.0ghz is still plenty fast for me.

Lovely

Not

The September media event is for iPods and iTunes. Macbooks are safe as they were updated in June. I got a 15" MBP, 2.53 GHz, 4GB RAM in July and I love it!

Well im going with the 2.8GhZ model as also comes with a 512mb graphics card just incase i need gaming (only 100 more than the 2.66 model and 256mb gc)

ther are rumours they will update features e.g bluray support etc
    but who nos.

Ill wait anyway

is ther much diff from 2.66 ghz and 2.80 , 3.02?
    And really does 8gb ram cost 790 more from a 4gb???? (from appls site)

Like A Boss

Thanks

I have been wanting to upgrade my 13 MBP to 8gb of ram but I am waiting for the price to drop a little. Right now its $650 for 8gb of ram from newegg

Bloody hell, why do enspensive?

Like A Boss

Thanks

I dunno. I wonder how much I could get for my 4 gb of ram.