Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what's the best software to import DVR recordings to my mbp???

Default what's the best software to import DVR recordings to my mbp???
    it's been a full week since i purchased my new macbook pro and i want to do so many things with it...i don't even know where to start!!!

anyways, I've been meaning to do a few things with my pc but from people have told me, a mbp is better for this and i need some tips as to what software i should use (or what i can use)

i am a football fanatic (soccer) and i have tons of games recorded on my dvr I'd want to copy to a computer and burn to a dvd. my questions is, what's the best software to import these recordings to my mbp? i don't know if i need any hardware (like a capture device) or if programs like final cut express or final cut studio would be all that i need.

i guess I'm hoping to just plug in my mbp to my direct dvr and import them but that seems highly unlikely. anyways, I'd appreciate any pointers very much! thanks!

...is there anyone that can at least give me a clue as to where to ask these questions? :-(

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I would search google for your DVR model. See if it is capable of transfering videos to outside source. Sometime DVRs don't. But there are a few that do but they are encrypted.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]