Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Team Android Discovers a Google Maps Jab at Apple

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Team Android Discovers a Google Maps Jab at Apple

Let's think of it as Google's way of telling the folks at Apple that they're "number one."

According to a discovery noted first by the folks at Team Android, there's an Easter egg in Google Maps that depicts the Android logo, shall we say, raining on Apple's parade.

If you don't get the picture, just look at the picture above.

"The image is a screenshot of what Google Maps users will see near Rawalpindi, Pakistan," the report explains.
    This is not just on the desktop version of Google Maps" As it turns out, the Android app displays the same thing except for when in “Satellite view.”

"This probably could be some kind of a joke by Google — but I think we are way past the April Fool’s Day now," says Team Android.

To check out all the imagery, click here.

Source: Team Android

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't show up now for me at least. Either it has been removed, or was never there. I have no way of knowing. Regardless, even if it was really there initially, I would think it really unprofessional and probably not something done by Google itself, but by some rogue immature programmer without Google's knowledge. JMHO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-04-24)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    It doesn't show up now for me at least. Either it has been removed, or was never there. I have no way of knowing. Regardless, even if it was really there initially, I would think it really unprofessional and probably not something done by Google itself, but by some rogue immature programmer without Google's knowledge. JMHO

There is 2 of them actually do a search and you will see some guy making fun of Google review process.
    So it was done by some guy as a joke, so no it was not done by Google themselves.
    Google will not be able to scrutinize some back woods area hardly anyone goes to they just assume that it is ok, but they do in highly populated area.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-04-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Microsoft gave us a flight simulator in Excel...this is what you get from Google. Enough said...

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Microsoft gave us a flight simulator in Excel...this is what you get from Google. Enough said...
    Flight simulator?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!