Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selfie Sticks and Monopods Banned at WWDC 2015

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Selfie Sticks and Monopods Banned at WWDC 2015

Those who are ‘selfie’ addicts and own selfie sticks, don’t expect to bring it with you while attending Apple’s WWDC 2015. We recently just noted that Apple announced their annual WWDC event would take place from June 8th to June 12th. Now, an update has been made to the rules of the event and any photo monopod or selfie sticks are banned from Moscone West and Yerba Buena Gardens. Apple’s rules and regulations already made it clear that no video/audio recordings of WWDC events are permitted and the use of professional equipment is not allowed either.
    Previously, selfie sticks and monopods were not allowed at Apple’s keynotes either because they noted that it could block other audience members from seeing the stage fully and interrupt the company-hired camera crew.

According to Apple’s information page,

You are not permitted to make audio or audiovisual recordings of WWDC or take professional photographic or video equipment, or wearable recording devices into Moscone West or Yerba Buena Gardens. In addition, you may not use selfie sticks or similar monopods within Moscone West or Yerba Buena Gardens.
    Ever since ‘selfies’ became popular, the concept of monopods and selfie sticks have become increasingly popular. Many times, you will actually spot people using it on the streets or at events. However, more and more public events are banning the use of these products because of the interruptions it could create for other attendees and audience members. Are you upset over this specific ban? Share with us in the comments below.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

If you're not a professional photographer, then whats the point of the selfie stick? I don't have social media anymore so maybe I am missing something, but if you want to be in a picture bad enough, ask someone to take it for you. If you don't ask them, then chances are you don't care if you are in it or not. If you're worried about someone stealing your camera/phone then choose wisely who you ask. Still worried? Use your arm and hand
    I would rather sit behind someone who asks me to take a few picture rather than someone waving a stick around for 10 minutes obstructing my view.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by repoman16 View Post
    If you're not a professional photographer, then whats the point of the selfie stick? I don't have social media anymore so maybe I am missing something, but if you want to be in a picture bad enough, ask someone to take it for you. If you don't ask them, then chances are you don't care if you are in it or not. If you're worried about someone stealing your camera/phone then choose wisely who you ask. Still worried? Use your arm and hand
    I would rather sit behind someone who asks me to take a few picture rather than someone waving a stick around for 10 minutes obstructing my view.
    You're missing the cultural revolution of the selfie. A practice despised across the world, yet everyone does anyway.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!